Return to Index  

Re: Discussed

June 16 2017 at 2:29 PM
Scott Hull  (Login Scotchmo1957)
YF

Response to Discussed

You said: "it was a waste of effort" ... "No benefit whatsoever" ... "more confusing for shooters" ... "more work for me" -

The first three claims are untrue. More work for you is true. Running a GP match is a huge amount of work. I don't mind a little extra work. If you want to go less, why don't you skip the lane signs as well. It would save you some more work. Less to "confuse" the shooters. NOT.

"Next some will want us to give them all of the target distances!"
Slippery slope? It's interesting how logical fallacies are presented so often in these arguments. To me, it's an indication the presenter is short on valid arguments.

"If it is a big deal for anyone they can shoot in a different division..." - No, they can't. And what does Division have to do with signs?

I'm guessing that you think signs are ALL about ranging. It's not. Telling the high scorer at a big GP match they lost because they shot the wrong target order. That's not fun. I'd gladly put in the extra work up front, rather than deal with target order instructions, and protests, and any resentment from competitors. Shoot the targets in their numbered order. Confusing? - NOT.

Are you concerned about the ranging aspect of providing signs? True, it will make bracketing easier for shooters. But they will still need to learn the skill to do it effectively. More shooters will probably take up the skill. Outside of AAFTA, range finding by means other than focusing is the norm for all HFT games. The match director can do a little bit of work to encourage Hunter shooters to learn a new skill that is directly related to the HFT game. I'm willing to put in a little extra effort.

If you really don't like signs, don't use them. I already put the work in, so I decided to share and make my solution available to others.

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.