Return to Index  

My experience was that this style

June 28 2017 at 12:40 PM
Mike Loar  (Login 77killerkawi)
YF12

Response to Man, I bet it was fun. I guess all kept the scope power low near that 12 area if

match is a interesting departure from the normal FT shooting methods. The fact that you are not handicapped by using lower priced guns or scopes is a real plus for me and I hope for others that would like to join in the fun but have been discouraged by the perceived high costs to compete in a AAFTA event.
I know I am looking forward to the next match already just need to practice my off hand shooting a lot more.

I used a 177 Benjamin Maximus shooting in the 890 range with 10.34s with a CP 4x16x40 SF scope with the power set at 6x and parallax set at 25 yards which gives a clear sight picture at all ranges but 15 yards and in for me any way. The targets were at 10 to 45 yards so all the targets I shot were mostly clear in the scope so all I had to do is judge the holdover needed for any targets outside the 20 to 35 yards zero range for my setup. The most holdover I had to use was 1 mil dot for 10 to 19 yards and 36 to 45 yards so should be much easier for new shooters to enjoy the experience. I know I was shooting way over the 12fpe range but will setup a gun to be dedicated to this UK style match in the future. I shot mostly from a kneeling position due to being a bit more stable that way except for the forced positions. If a support was allowed on certain lanes then I gladly used it for added stability.

All in all weas a excellent time and feel that it will attract more new shooters to the matches to enjoy the good time.

Mike

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.