Return to Index  

Still learning but here's what I've gleaned thus far.

June 28 2017 at 10:19 PM

Paul Oswalt  (Login libertyman777)
YF

Response to Man, I bet it was fun. I guess all kept the scope power low near that 12 area if

It closely resembles hunting in this way. When I hunt wild squirrels, unless I happen to be where they feed, then I'm catching them traveling to and from feeding. Range is determined on the fly and shots are quick. Lower power optics are good for this since the FOV is larger. While the shots aren't as quickly taken, they are done in the same manner. Range the target via your MK I eyeball and take the shot. The other way it more resembles hunting is the use of pegs, trees and other terrain features for propping the gun on. Most every hunter that stalks game does this. Once the quarry is spotted, I stalk to the nearest tree, hold the rifle against the trunk and take the shot. I think that is what I like about it the most.

I used 12x with a 25 yard parallax setting. Very blurry at 8 yards but I could tell the difference in clarity between 8, 9, 10, etc. My scope cleared up nicely at 15 yards which was near my near line of sight and pellet path crossing. It remained clear out to 35 yards and began to blur again, which is near where the LOS and pellet crossed paths again.

It seems to me it's all about learning range estimation via these limitations. Bracketing will be of some use. It's very fun. I'm ready to shoot again!!

P
So, I'm airgun po.......e

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.