Return to Index  

Scott, I chose a lighter one, (and cheaper one:-)), and I don't have a heat problem

July 8 2017 at 1:05 PM
Wayne Burns  (Login WayneBurns)
YF12

Response to Do shooting jackets always help?

when I wear a light shirt under it. I find just opening the buckles gets enough air in to cool down.

I'm like Paul, as one gets older and or, doesn't have the muscle tone one use to, the harness and or jacket is a way to stay in the game. From the point of view of one like yourself in great muscle tone and flexiblity, it can seem like a waste of time and sweat:-) I got one when LD decided to do his last match by WFTF rules and I couldn't use my harness. But, the jacket didn't replace it completely for back support and I can't shoot a long match comfortably and sucessfully without a jacket anymore. A jacket and a harness is even more steady on sitting shots too.

You've inspired me to work harder at getting more flexible and in tone, but I don't have high hopes for sucess:-)

I think you might consider one of these cheap and lighter ones to drag around with you at big matches for the offhand and kneeling shots... you probalbly WOULD, after a little practice, pick up another 25% in your positional shot points. Since your now coming after the 12fpe WFTF class, you might even tighten up your sitting game... that's a pretty tough class:-)

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=2002B30

I have an extra one you can try when you get up here in a couple weeks.. if you like it, try it for the match.. it will all be in the shade anyway.

Wayne

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.