Return to Index  

RE: Hunter Shooters

August 7 2017 at 3:13 PM
(Login Knobs)
YC

Response to Let's have a discussion about AAFTA Divisions/Classes!

Jim,

Good discussion overall. You presented the arguement well.

It's not of any consequence to me how the Hunter Class handles itself. That's for you all to decide. My opinons ( worth only what you're paying to get them) are as follows:

1.) Comparing classes based on scores is a pleasant waste of time.

2.) Overall high scores, especially with pistol scores rolled into them, are meaningless. But they're fun. They provide topicality from which needed "press" can be generated to present to the public.

3.) As discusssed with my good friend Libertyman several years ago, there's no reason that the Hunter shooters should not be cleaning the overall high scores at many matches. At the time, and even today, I'm still puzzled why many Hunter shooters don't make effective use of their ballistic advantage blended with an appropriate scope height to minimize their perceived ranging disadvantage. I believe that Phil Eakley is using that method to his advantage, and i don't think it's too long before the word gets out.

4.) Hunter class isn't a "beginners" class. (That's where UK Hunter FT really shines.) It's a class where people can start FT without undergoing the displeasure of learning to shoot from the seated FT position. If you ask me, the seated FT position is the sports single most glaring holdback to growth and the most misuderstood and under trained aspect for beginners.

All the best Jim. Hope to see you soon somewhere. It has been a while.

Knobs

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.