Return to Index  

More misconceptions

August 8 2017 at 1:11 PM
JimC  (Login 22Jim)
YF

Response to More

First Ray let me say welcome to the Field Target Sport we are seeing more and more new shooters with competitive powder burner experience. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to meeting you in Phoenix. Also we appreciate your comments as a truly new shooter (2 matches!!)

It is clear you have read too many posts on this forum and have developed a distorted view of the Hunter Division. The most ridiculous perspective is that the rich are taking over the class and winning all the matches by buying accuracy. If you read my response above "Another Geezer Opinion" you will see the truth is significantly different. The majority of the recent national championship wins in Hunter division have been won with what most would consider entry level PCP equipment. Scott Hull won the 2014 National Championship and National GP Series with a rifle and scope that I don't think he had $500 invested in.

I can see your concern coming from a powder burner background where the equipment used was everything. Not so in Air Rifle Field Target, you do not have to spend large amounts of money to get great accuracy and be able to compete at the highest level. There are many shooters who can afford and enjoy shooting finely made air rifles, but there is nothing in our history that indicates they have any advantage over shooters shooting several entry level rifles. In Field Target Hunter class it is still the Indian that prevails over the arrow.

Also your comment "some wanting to further contribute to the destruction of FT by considering a change to the rules that would allow this group to become even more comfortable by allowing them more and bigger toys to tinker with" puzzles me. If the desire to increase the arbitrary 12x maximum scope power limit in Hunter Division to 16 or 24x will lead to the destruction of FT as we know it, then the sport as we know it is in far worse shape then we realize. What I believe will lead to the destruction of Field Target is trying to make Hunter Division something that it is not, a beginners division!

Jim in Sacramento

Respond to this message   
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.