Return to Index  

Personal Differences

August 9 2017 at 10:24 PM
Raymond Hawkins  (Select Login rhawk1)
YF12

Response to A few comments........

Hello Springer Ed,

I appreciate your comments including our personal differences which you so politely highlighted. I consider them differences and nothing to take personal. I'll be at the match on Saturday where we can discuss and disagree then if you want. I also read the Harrisburg VA club rule sheet you posted way back in 2004. I'm actually still scratching my head on that one. So, it sounds like you were offered a bucket about 13 years ago and you've been sitting on it every since. That's perfectly fine with me. I'm not trying to take away anyone's bucket.

Just like you I too was squatted with a great shooter the first time out. in fact he was a national champion. I learned a lot from this young man but the biggest thing I walked away with was a great respect for air rifles and his shooting abilities. I knocked down 36 targets that day and was hooked. My score didn't mater, I lost but knew I could improve and become more like him and started setting goals. I have great determination and a competitors will to win. I was born with it. I'm a grown man, I can take the truth. Making things easier for beginners for the sake of "their enjoyment" actually makes me kinda sick. Giving a beginner a point for hitting a face plate is nothing more than sugar coating a big ole sloppy miss. Something you could do for a kid maybe, but not mine.

At my first match I saw for myself the best scores had come from the open division. These were no doubt our best shooters, they were also the guys walking around with the kool looking shooting jackets, straps, bum bags, shooting the best rifles and clicking big ole scopes. These shooters also happened to be our clubs officers and MD's. I believe anyone would've assumed what did about the open division being the best of the best.

As far as the Nationals are concerned, I'm going. Registered for the open class. I've competed at the national level in other sports but had to first qualify at the state and then through regionals. Could be FT in the future so I figured I'd better go while the getting was good.

Raymond Hawkins

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.