Results for GOB match 9/9/17September 12 2017 at 5:50 PM
|FireMarshal (Login FireMarshal)|
Match report for the Good Ole Boy’s on Sept. 9, 2017
We had a beautiful day on Saturday for FT in middle Tennessee. A few clouds and a little wind here and there. Best of all, no rain and the temperature was perfect. There were 9 shooters and a couple of visitors that tried a couple of lanes on the White course and didn’t compete the whole course, but I hope they were impressed and decide to come back. We are always looking for new shooters.
Roz Sumpter was top overall shooter today and also in the Open class with a score of 51/60. He only had 1 bad lane and it was the combination off hand/knelling lane. Cliff Smith was right behind with a score of 49/60 with Jeff Hale 1 point behind him. Jeff has steadily eased up towards the top in this class.
I’ve been gone for a few weeks with eye problems and have really missed not being able to make it to Roz’s Hollow. Not completely back to normal, but it’s improving and it’s the left eye, so I can make do since I am right handed and eyed. Guess that’s proper terminology or about as good as I can do. I got to pair up with David Slade and Steve Vines, always a lot of fun. I do want to let all the GOB’ers know how much I appreciated the plaque they gave me Saturday. It means more to me than any trophy I might win shooting. Just having the opportunity to spend some time in the pines with all of you means a lot to me.
We’ve been missing several of our competitors over the last few weeks and look forward seeing them back soon.
Haven’t heard where the state match will be held this year. It will be at either Minor Hill, TN or Roz’s Hollow in Pulaski, TN. It is scheduled to be on November 18, 2017.
1. 46/60-David Slade/Styer LG110/Nikko 10-50/JSB 8.4
1. 39/60 Steve Vines/TX200/B&L 6-24/JSB 7.9
1. 19/60 Brent Browning/R-1/Leapers/JSB 8.4
1. 51/60 Roz Sumpter/TM1000/Sightron 10-50/AA 8.4
2. 49/60 Cliff Smith/TM1000/B&L 8-32/AA 8.4
3. 48/60 Jeff Hale/HM1000/Aeon 8-40/AA 10.3
4. 40/60 Mike Wright/HM1000/B&L 8-32/JSB 13.4
5. 37/60 Jim Baumann/Marauder/B&L 8-32/AA 10.3
6. 35/60 Pat O’Brien/TM1000/Nikko 10-50/JSB 10.3
The next match in this area will be in Minor Hill, TN at David’s place on the 4th Saturday of the month.
Hope you can make it,
- I've said it before & I'll say it again - - SteveV on Sep 12, 2017, 7:38 PM
- Re: Results for GOB match 9/9/17 - Ray B. on Sep 12, 2017, 9:46 PM
- Pat's award - Cliff on Sep 12, 2017, 11:17 PM
- Pat's Award (PICS) - Danny on Sep 13, 2017, 7:50 AM
- Congratuations Pat !!! N/T - Chris Corey on Sep 13, 2017, 6:10 PM