Return to Index  

Yes, for me Krytox GPL205 is better than diesel prone molly paste and tars!

September 27 2017 at 10:22 AM

nced  (Login SpringerEd)
YF12

Response to I krytok that good?

"Is it put everywhere that you would put only?"
Krytox GPL205 grease and GPL105oil "space station lubes" are "one lube fits all" and it's used for all my springer lubing.
EJSxLJ4h.jpg

"Where does one get it"
Amazon........
https://www.amazon.com/krytox-gpl205/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Akrytox%20gpl205
Ebay.......
https://www.ebay.com/sch/items/?_nkw=krytox+gpl+205&_sacat=&_ex_kw=&_mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&_fpos=&_fspt=1&_sadis=&LH_CAds=&rmvSB=true
And a lot of other places. I usually get mine from here.......
http://store.tmcindustries.com/Krytox-GPL-205-Grease-2-oz-tube_p_18.html

"how much should be applied?"
Unlike molly paste which needs to be applied very carefully to minimize dieseling and the inconsistent velocities caused by dieseling, Krytox is very forgiving since it woun't diesel at all even if it gets in front of the piston seal. For my initial "Krytox trial" several years ago I bought a 1/2 ounce container, lavishly slathered all the internals of my R9 with the stuff deliberately getting some in front of the piston seal.........no dieseling even with the first shot! Matter of fact, after the rather heavy lubing of the R9 internals (after stripping the old "dinosaur grease" based lubes) I still had this left over from the 1/2 ounce tube.......
XCgzCBFh.jpg
Still....after the initial "test for dieseling" even though the application isn't critical I use a light application (not as light as molly paste) because the stuff is expensive. Pics showing the amount of Krytox used ...........
2gbPqo0h.jpg
aI9sZmLh.jpg

As a side note, you mentioned in a different post that you sent your ProSport in for a de-twang. Krytox will not detwang a springer with loose spring guides, only properly fitted tight spring guides will kill spring oscillations/vibrations/twang. Hummm.....I guess that is copious amounts of "heavy tar" like this were slopped on the spring the twang will go away for a while..........
49r76NWh.jpg
Petroleum based lubes do outgas with time getting thicker with age and I've seen springer internals where the pastes & tars literally became semi-solid.
The tub of heavy tar in the pic had thickened in the sealed tub to the point that a socket head cap screw could be held at the rim with only a few half threads embedded in the tar.

Bottom line......traditional molly bearing lubes and application techniques have been used successfully for decades so no harm/no foul if you go the "dinosaur grease based lube" route!

Respond to this message   
Responses

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.