THAGC 2/10/18 MATCH RESULTS

February 11 2018 at 8:27 AM
Chris Corey  (Login NCairgunner)
YF12

The report was going start with talking about how 5 guys braved the harsh February weather to compete in our monthly match. The weather had been calling for rain all week, but the FT gods smiled on us & kept it away. It turned out to be a great day for FT. We started in the high 40’s and by the end of the match we were in the 60’s. We had a 5-10-minute bout of very light drizzle & that was it for the rain. Winds were calm with light, intermittent gusts. The match was a 60-shot course that was set to a 32.34 Troyer difficulty level.
We split in to two squads based on classes, WFTF & Hunter. WFTF was a combination of WFTF PCP & WFTF Piston shooters. Knobs, Ron Birnbaum, & myself made up the WFTF squad. As usual Knobs kept me motivated while I was shooting with his inspirational comments. I do enjoy them & that’s why he will always be #1 in my book. Ron, who can still count the number of matches he has shot on his fingers, shot strong with his springer. He finished 3rd with a 36 / 60. Knobs had his usual strong performance even though he dropped a few more shots than normal. I wonder why my inspirational comments didn’t help him out more. Hmmm, I guess we will never know. LOL!!! Knobs finished in 2nd place with a 51 / 60. I had a good day except for a couple of bone head mistakes. Such as when your sidewheel says 45 yards, but you turn the elevation knob to 40 yards. Oh well, live & learn. I finished in 1st with a 56 / 60.
The Hunter squad consisted of Philip “Dead Eye” Hepler & newest member of THAGC, Mark Waltermire. When Mark got to the range, his rifle had developed a pretty bad air leak that required constant refills during the match. He still shot well for his 3rd match & finished with a 40 / 60. Philip also had rifle issues the day before the match when the bolt handle came apart on his Marauder. Luckily, he was able to do a quick repair & make the match. Philip finished with a 48 / 60.
WFTF PCP / PISTON
1. Chris Corey: Steyr Challenge FT / March X 8-80 / 56
2. Knobs: Steyr LG110 / Leupold Comp 35 / 51
3. Ron Birnbaum: Walther LGU / Konus 8-32 / 36

HUNTER PCP
1. Philip Hepler: Benjamin Marauder / UTG 4-16 / 48
2. Mark Waltermire: Logun Solo / Athlon 6-24 / 40

Respond to this message   
Responses

BKL MOUNTS - SECOND TO NONE.

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.