<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

That's not what's going on Bill.. keep in mind that folks DONATE THEIR TIME

April 30 2011 at 12:52 PM
Wayne Burns  (Login S410happy)
YC

on the BOG.. they are not getting paid as far as I know... so let's not expect too much here. And really.. because WE all seem to have different ideas.. why would the BOG members be any different?? They have to move very slowly.. and carefully..

I know the pistol rules committee,(which I'm on) is of varied opinions on how to move forward with the Pistol FT game.. so keep in mind, this is all done with donated time from busy folks who have other stuff going on in their lives.. cut some slack please..

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
ray carter
(Login raydj)
YF

Some of us appreciate that, Wayne -

April 30 2011, 2:30 PM 

BTW - might we see some at least 'provisional' pft rules anytime soon?

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login S410happy)
YC

That is not allowed.. we, the members of the Pistol rules committe cannot

April 30 2011, 2:46 PM 

share our "in-process" findings.. but we can talk in general about what you would like to see... call me.. or email to discuss your desires in the PFT game.

Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

541-531-6926
wayne.burns@naturalyards.com

Respond to this message   

Bill Day
(Login dayjd)
YC

Wayne, give someone too much slack ...........

April 30 2011, 3:58 PM 

and they can hang themselves. I do appreciate the time the governers put in but even the boy scouts have to be somewhat transparent with their financials. I don't want their money but is would be nice to know how they spend it to promote Field target and the organization. We all know that it don't take that much time to prepare a financial statement. A couple years ago when Yega hosted the nationals it was insinuated on this forum that they nearly lost their shirt on that event and somebody mentioned sending donations to Scoty. Why didn't the AFFTA absorb this lost for the hosting club? As I recall we had a pretty good auction that year. You know Maybe they did, but if they did why not let us know about it? When they were putting out their newsletter at least we were being some what informed as to what was happening. I would volunteer to put out some kind of news if I knew anything about what was going on. Be happy to help out anyway I could and I'm sure many more here would do the same.

This message has been edited by dayjd on Apr 30, 2011 4:02 PM

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login S410happy)
YC

Seems fair enough to me Bill... But, I can't speak for the BOG, I'm only

April 30 2011, 4:46 PM 

on the Pistol rules committee.. and if that is an example of the how the BOG has to operate, then I can understand the snail like production pace... donated time is scarce, opinions vary, and so, need lots of time to equalize.

But I hear ya on the need for the return of the newsletter, and balance sheet info.. and I'm sure lack of free labor is why the information sharing ended, so your offer, hopefully is not falling on deft ears.. maybe you should write an email proposing the number of hours per year, your willing to donate... Heck, I'm a newbie at best... but I'm hooked totally on the game, in all it's tame and wild versions.. and the folks involved here.. I'm giving some time, cause I want to.. I like the sport.. and I like to voice my opinion like most of us... i hope:-)

The AAFTA BOG is you and me Bill.. one of us poor air gunning smucks, that got suckered into donating a bunch of time.. to try and herd cats... independent American minded male cats at that!
I'm sorta glad I didn't get voted in last year... The nomination by Joe scared the **** out of me.. and my fears were not unfounded!

Wacky Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

Respond to this message   

Bill Day
(Login dayjd)
YC

AFFTA Leaders and BOG's

April 30 2011, 7:00 PM 

Please let it be known that I will donate my time in a effort to re-establish a AFFTA newsletter based on information you want to share with the people that play our FT game. I would also share different club results if sent to me and certainly try to promote upcoming events. If this is of interest to you please contact me. I would e-mail you but info shared here by Mr. Robinson in Texas makes me think a e-mail may not get there.

Respond to this message   

AteamRAY
(Login AteamRAY)
YF

Everything in a newsletter.....

April 30 2011, 8:19 PM 

can go onto the AAFTA website. Articles on an article page. Results are already there and so is a calendar. A printed newsletter was running the funds dry. Organize articles for a webpage on the AAFTA website and I am sure they will get posted. No need for a newsletter perse. All the info can be in one spot and that is the AAFTA Website.

ateam_sig_lt.gif

A Team PCP Tuning Document

Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)

(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)

YouTube Videos

Respond to this message   

Bill Day
(Login dayjd)
YC

Ray, Please forward me a link to the "Articles" page..................

May 1 2011, 7:47 AM 

because other than events and some past results and ft rules I couldn't seem to find much about "current considerations" or whats the AFFTA is undertaking right now.

Respond to this message   

AteamRAY
(Login AteamRAY)
YF

Answer at this link..............

May 1 2011, 4:43 PM 

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login S410happy)
YC

Ray, an online newsletter would be great in my opinion.. email to each club

May 1 2011, 11:08 AM 

on at least a monthly basis. Possibly the BOG needs to create another sub committee for reaching out with AAFTA info, and receiving in put about rules, equipment, whether or not individual club membership is going up or down and facilities from it's club members. Collect that data from the clubs and disperse it back out in total.. spreading "what works" to other struggling clubs.

Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

Respond to this message   

AteamRAY
(Login AteamRAY)
YF

A newsletter.......

May 1 2011, 4:42 PM 

Takes a while to compile. The last newsletters that were published had data in them that was already months out of date. Few articles were in the newsletter. Mostly just match announcements and match results. Both of which are currently on the AAFTA website. A match results can be posted to the History results page within days of the match closing. In a newsletter it will be a month before anyone see's the results. Look at how many people were chomping at the bit for the Baton Rouge results and in some cases just the first day results. SO a news letter for announcements and results is not warranted in my opinion.

As to articles it would take Joe a very small amount of time to add an articles page. There isn't one now that I know of but it wouldn't take too much. And the articles would always be in one spot for easy access and reference. In a newsletter you have to search through alot of issues to find the article you are looking for. It just isn't neccessary with the everything easily accessed on the AAFTA website.

ateam_sig_lt.gif

A Team PCP Tuning Document

Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)

(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)

YouTube Videos

Respond to this message   
Tony
(Login Trojan1994)
YF

I might know an FT shooter that likes to write...:-) nt

May 1 2011, 6:51 PM 

Respond to this message   

gregc107
(Login gregc107)
YFOT

Wayne one ceveat to that. They all chose to run for he spot, and as such..

May 1 2011, 4:56 AM 

shouldn't you have an outlet to let members and shooters be aware of your presence? I mean it's no like it takes a lot to do that you know. And to my way of thinking if you are going to oversee the party then at least make an occassional appearance in the room?

It is what it is, because it is!!!

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login S410happy)
YC

Greg, that's a most reasonable position.. I can't agrue with you there:-) .. but

May 1 2011, 11:30 AM 

I can understand how easy it can be "as it is".. while agreeing with you that it would be much better for the whole of AAFTA to have an official "representative" check in here and comment on matters already decided.. or say, "we are considering that issue and should have an answer by .......

but again.. it's donated time.. life can be tough to deal with these days, and BB guns are not always a top priority.

Wacky Wayne

Respond to this message   

gregc107
(Login gregc107)
YFOT

oh i for sure agree that a bbgun. can go on the bottom pf the list.

May 2 2011, 10:48 AM 

But i always remember the campaigning portions of this Wayne, and then i giggle a bit when i stop think how little we hear....lol. Not that anyone should expect the BOG to be around answering questions 24-7, bit an occasional hello gooooeees a looong way imo.

Respond to this message   
Tony
(Login Trojan1994)
YF

I always thought they were at "The Party" I.e. The Nationals Event

May 1 2011, 11:35 AM 

With a BOG member or two present....

The Forum is not AAFTA or BOG, so it's not affiliated, why would they conduct official business here?

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login S410happy)
YC

I agree, "not offical business" here, but.. as a reach out effort

May 1 2011, 11:41 AM 

to share already decided info, and keep a feel on the pulse from the field ... it could also be helpful in getting more folks signed up as individual members.. the feeling of "no one is home" frightens some and maybe keeps them from joining in and donating their time too:-)

Wacky Wayne

Respond to this message   
Tony
(Login Trojan1994)
YF

Isn't the Protocol for releasing changes/updates the

May 1 2011, 12:02 PM 

Release of the new year's Rules & Guidelines? I agree with ya big time on individual membership.

There's folks that don't live near a club and can only trek so often to a club to shoot, so why not offer individuals a membership?

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   

gregc107
(Login gregc107)
YFOT

Tony but their web site is! And remember me talking about the lack

May 2 2011, 11:00 AM 

of response to a email I sent them? Could we consider that not at the party. Also with the yellow dedicating a section to FT and knowing that shooters from all over the world grace here. Why would you not be here seeing what the pulse of you members are talking about? What r u gonna do wait until the Nats when elections take place to address things that happen on your watch all that year?

This message has been edited by gregc107 on May 2, 2011 11:03 AM

Respond to this message   
Tony
(Login Trojan1994)
YF

I forgot about that, maybe your email is in the que behind the thousands of emails

May 2 2011, 11:31 AM 

from shooters wanting Risk Reward and the merger of HFT and Open and creation of other classes?!?! happy.gif

The way I see it, thought there is tons of traffic here based on hits and what not but the fact is that its a small Sample of the FT Population that is actually posting and/or responding to topics here.

As such, what is here may not be representative of the Pulse of the FT/HFT crowd but clearly the opinions and feelings of those that it matters enough to toss their hat in the ring and voice their opinion for the world to see.

Regards,

Tony

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.