<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Diablo Rod and Gun Club Airgun Silhouette Match Report

August 7 2012 at 5:26 AM
Mike Aber  (Login Boomer_Mikey)
YF

Airgun Silhouette Match Report, August 5, 20112
Diablo Rod and Gun Club, Concord California
Mike Aber, Match Director:

We had a great day shooting silhouettes at the MPR range in Concord, CA. Many of us went to the West Coast Championship Field Target Match in Grants Pass OR last month on our silhouette match weekend so I decided to cancel our July match. Weather was excellent for our match Sunday afternoon with mild temperatures in the mid 70s to lower 80s.

[linked image]
[linked image]
We had 3 new shooters, James Frasier, Paul Alexander, and Jim Poh; we enjoyed shooting with you today. Jim Frasier was a little concerned about shooting for score today and won his first attempt at NRA Sporter Class Air Rifle Silhouette shooting his .22 Cometa Fusion 400 rifle with a Hawke 4-12x44 scope with a fine AAA score of 25/40 one of our best sporter scores ever. Paul Alexander won our IHMSA Unlimited Standing Iron Sight category with an outstanding 32/40 score with his IZH46M his first time with us, and Jim Poh got a good start at shooting standing with his HW97 for his first time.

Paul Alexander won the IHMSA Unlimited Iron Sight Standing Match. Its nice to have another IHMSA shooter to compete with. Paul beat me at my own game

Don Buenting won the NRA Outdoor Air Pistol Standing Match.

The NRA Air Pistol Open Sight Standing match was won by George Meamber and George won the NRA Open Class Air Rifle Match too; nice to see you again George.

The NRA Outdoor Sporter Class Air Rifle Match was won by James Frazier with an outstanding 25/40 AAA score in his first match with us and Paul Alexander finished second with a nice 21/40 with his Air Arms TX200.

Pat Radler won our DR&G Short Range Air Rifle Silhouette Match shooting his R7.

Jim Whittlesey won our DR&G Open Class Varmint Air Rifle Match with his fifth perfect score in a row shooting his .177 USFT #158 with a Nikko Sterling scope off the bench. Chris Merritt finished second and Jim Cyran third all with USFTs.

Jim Whittlesey also shot a 40 round standing match with his USFT supported with a shooting jacket to practice for our upcoming AAFTA Field Target National Championship Match in Grants Pass, OR September 29, 30, and October 1st.

[linked image]
[linked image]
We ended the match with a plinkathon while I cooked ½ pound Boomer burgers with all the fixings.

[linked image]
Many thanks to all of you that setup/teardown and cleanup the range for us at our match without your help it wouldnt be possible to have these matches.

REMINDER: Our September 2nd match is cancelled. Our next match is October 7th at 1300.

Sorry... No pictures of the match this month, I forgot my camera at home.

Airgun Silhouette Match Results August 5, 2012

IHMSA Unlimited Standing:
Mike Aber 6,7,4,7 24/40 AAA (AA score)

IHMSA Unlimited Standing Iron Sight:
Paul Alexander 8,7,8,9 32/40 INT MW (AAA score)
Mike Aber 5,8,5,7 25/40 AA (AA score)

NRA Outdoor Air Pistol Standing:
Don Buenting 7,7,8,7 29/40 AAA MW (AA score)

NRA Outdoor Air Pistol Open Sight Standing:
George Meamber 4,6,6,6 22/40 AA MW ( AA score)

NRA Outdoor Open Air Rifle:
George Meamber 1,6,6,7 20/40 AA MW (A score)
Jim Cyran 6,6,3,4 19/40 A (A score)

NRA Outdoor Sporter Rifle:
James Frazier 6,3,7,9 25/40 AAA MW (AAA score, first match)
Paul Alexander 5,5,4,7 21/40 AA (AA score, first match)
Eric Ko 5,3,3,4 15/40 AA (AA Score)
Eric Ko 8,2,5,7 22/40 AA (refire, AA score)
Jim Poh 2,3,2,2 9/40 B (B score, first match)
Jim Poh 5,5,5,3 18/40 B (refire, A score)

DR&G Short-Range Air Rifle:
Pat Radler 6,10,5,5 26/40 AAA MW (AAA score)

DR&G Open Class Varmint Air Rifle:
Jim Whittlesey 10,10,10,10 40/40 MAS MW (Master score, 5 perfect scores in a row)
Chris Merritt 10,10,9,10 39/40 MAS (Master score)
Jim Cyran 10,10,7,9 36/40 MAS (Master score)
Chris Merritt 9,9,7,10 35/40 MAS (refire, AAA score)
Pat Radler 8,10,7,9 34/40 AAA (AA score)

DR&G Sporter Class Varmint Air Rifle:

11 shooters, 20 entries
--------------------------------------------------
Mike Aber, Match Director

Airguns are a gas

Boomer

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory Plotter by Ray Carter On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer    MILDOTS    BAR/PSI conversion
D I S C L A I M E R

This Forum's, moderators and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules.    1-No Flaming or name calling.No Personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language or insults and no trolling.     2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is a cause for post deletion and/or banning.    3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban.    4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com    - Keep the forum Civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner.