<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Nevada State Grand Prix registration .....

July 6 2015 at 7:20 PM

N.A.G.  (Login AirSmithCA)
YF

If you've been considering it, Don't miss out!! Its our intention to put on a premium field target experience with this venue.

2015 has been an exciting year for Field Target in the Western region and N.A.G.(Nevada Air Gunners) is proud to announce the first annual Nevada State Grand Prix Field Target match to be held July 25-26th at Horse Canyon near Battle Mountain. This will be a 2-day 120 shot champiuonship Prix match. AAFTA rules apply with awards for 1st-2nd-3rd in each division with three or more competitors. Cost is $50 donation which will include post match grilled lunch and beverages both Saturday and Sunday.

Battle Mountain is the basecamp to Nevada's outback and Horse Canyon offers the opportunity to shoot the great sport of Field Target in a natural setting amongst a hidden desert oasis surrounded by rock-scaped mountain views. It's a unique location with terrain that is on par with any of the premier FT locations across the U.S. Our lower course is shot over a dry creek across the canyon. It provides uphill and downhill shots as well flat shots with our targets tucked into and in front of rocky ledges and beautiful Sage shrubs. Our upper course borders a running creek with trees, working its way up a fire road to a hiking path. All our metal quarry are top quality heavy duty targets. Each has been indvidually painted to their likeness for our competitors enjoyment and then tested and retested for function.

Primitve camping is available on site (no running water or toilets) to about 10-12 campers. We will have two camp style privacy tents with portable Loos for general use and a third camp style shower+ changing room for bathing. If camping is not your thing, have no fear. Battle Mountain (only an 18 minute drive) has all the necessary amenities. A Super 8 motel (775-635-8808) with a McDonalds next door, The Bakers Brewhouse(opens 7am), Midway Market, Family steak house, The Pizza factory, a Family Dollar store, Battle Mountain general hospital, and two gas stations, are all conveniently located right at the edge of town where you would be heading out to our location. Mill creek campground, a state park facility with running water and restrooms, is also only 2-3 miles from our site at Horse Canyon.

More lodging is available in Battle Mountain at:
American Best Value Inn - (775)635-5880
Nevada Hotel - (775)635-2453
Big Chief Motel - (775) 635-2416

Don't miss out ... We are making history here!!

SCHEDULE:

Sight in begins at 8:00am
Shooters meeting at 9:00am
Match begins at 9:30am

Registration is by email to aquasmith@comcast.net
Payment of $50 can be made via Paypal.com to aquasmith@comcast.net or mailed to the address below if postmarked by 7/15/15

Please include your:

Name
Address
Email
Phone

Gun & Scope - FPE - Pellet
Division you wish to shoot in.

WFTF - Piston or Precharged Pneumatic

Hunter - Piston or Precharged

Open - Piston or Precharged

Camp on site - Yes or No

Registration by mail if postmarked by 7/15/15 ....
Check or M/O to:

Lonnie Smith
PO Box 2337
Aptos CA 95001

Hope to see you all there!!

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Google directions by searching .. "Horse Canyon, Landers County, Nevada" but keep in mind googles estimated time to Horse Canyon is incorrect. It only takes 18 minutes to get there from the edge of town.
[linked image]
"It doesn't get done til someone does it"

This message has been edited by AirSmithCA on Jul 9, 2015 11:23 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Gabriel
(Login tractdesign)
YF12

WFTF PCP

July 6 2015, 8:07 PM 

Lonnie how many WFtF pcp participants do you have registered? I am trying to convince my friend ( new shooter) to attend with me, we would be sub 12ft/lb pcp.

Respond to this message   

Lonnie Smith
(Login AirSmithCA)
YF

Get on board ...

July 6 2015, 10:15 PM 

I got a few verbal confirmations on that division this weekend... Just waiting on emails. It's going to be a great match!! Official registration will come together quickly over the next two weeks.

Even if divisional numbers are thin there will still be a chance to win an award as we can consolidate to a straight Piston and Precharge format and your score will still qualify for the Western League Grand Prix standings.

This message has been edited by AirSmithCA on Jul 8, 2015 7:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Greg
(Login Greg5850)
YF

Is it a Grand Prix?

July 7 2015, 10:42 PM 

Looks like a beautiful venue!

Respond to this message   

HookEm
(Login HookEm)
YF

Oops... my bad!...

July 9 2015, 10:04 AM 

Somehow I missed posting this match on the AAFTA web-site.

My apologies.
HookEm

Respond to this message   

Lonnie Smith
(Login AirSmithCA)
YF

Yes it is an AAFTA Grand Prix ..

July 9 2015, 9:59 PM 

It is a great location. Maybe the best I've shot a match at. Very few insects, great terrain to work with, all distances to work with, incline and decline shots, and its a bit protected from wind with the canyon walls but we still get a nice breeze coming through intermittently throughout the day. Just enough to make it interesting.

This message has been edited by AirSmithCA on Jul 9, 2015 11:02 PM

Respond to this message   
Gabriel
(Login tractdesign)
YF12

I will be there

July 16 2015, 10:59 PM 

Jim and I will travel together, would you like a check sent out to you?

Gabriel

T. R. A. C. T. D. E. S I. G. N@ gmail.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.