<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Match report from the 2016 A.A.F.T.A. Nationals.

October 16 2016 at 3:03 PM

Twentycal  (Login Twentycal)
YC

Well, we got through it! happy.gif We were blessed with great food and great weather, albeit there were complaints about the sun and the wind. (Both of which occur in Michigan regularly! sad.gif )

I had both of my assitant match directors cancel on me the week of the shoot and the day of the shoot so we went with plan "B" and never told anyone about it! (That is why it appeared we were shorthanded from time to time.)

I'd like to thank the these club members for the following:

Jean DeSavage...scoring and registration.
Jim Eines..scoring
Jim Klein...scoring

Skip Muir...impromptu assistant match director.

Darrell Payne...lane assistant
Mike Aspan...lane assistant

Bill Meihl...chrony
Don Green chrony

John Ayers..floating assistant

I'd like to thank the following club members for representing the S.M.G.C. PNEUMATICS in the 2016 nationals.

Mark King
Greg Watrobka
Greg Vaughn
Vern Bouws
Ryan Parks
Phil Herman

I would also like to thank the following members of A.A.F.T.A. and or other people in the community for their help last weekend.

Leo Duran, Scott Allen, Chris Berry, Tyler Patner, and Harold Rushton.

A special thank you goes out to all the members of B.A.G.A. for being the wonderful supportive club that you are. We could not have done this without your help and support!

I have posted a link to both the winning scores by category along with the equipment list after both the pistol and the rifle top scores as these are far easier to read than trying to paste it here on the yellow.

Here are the winners'

OPEN PISTOL:

1ST ...RIZ MARQUEZ 37 (Won in a shoot out with Tyler Patner with a borrowed Thomas pistol>)
2ND ...TYLER PATNER 37
3rd...Ryan Parks 29

HUNTER PISTOL:

1ST...Charles Garvey 36 (Won in a shoo out with Eric Brewer)
2nd...Eric Brewer 36
3rd...Bob Dye 35 (Won in a shoot out with Kevin Kunkle.)

LINK TO PISTOL SCORES AND EQUIPMENT:

http://aafta.org/html/history/2016/Nats_2016_Scores_Pistol.pdf

W.F.T.F. P.C.P.:

1st...Greg Sauve 119
2nd...Harold Rushton 112 (Won in a shootout with Ken Hues.)
3rd...Ken Hughes 112
4th...Douglas Vinson 110
5th...Neal Younggren 109

W.F.T.F. PISTON:

1st...Brad Troyer 104
2nd...Manuel Morales 94
3rd...Gerald Long 91 (Won in a shoot out with Hector Medina Gomez.)
4th...Hector Medina Gomez 91
5th...Scott Hull 89

OPEN P.C.P. :

1ST...Mike Niksch 118 (Won in a shoot out with Jim Stanis.)
2nd...Jim Stanis 118
3rd...Brian Van Liew 117
4th...Vlad Berchanskiy 116 (won in a shoot out with Will Piatt)
5th...Will Piatt

HUNTER P.C.P.

1ST...Bill Rabbitt 111
2nd...Charles Garvey 107
3rd...Ammon Piatt 105
4th...Phil Eakley 104 (won in a shoot out with Bob Dye)
5th...Bob Dye 104

HUNTER PISTON:

1ST...Daniel Putz 83
2nd...Kevin Kunkle 76
3rd...Eric Brewer 74
4th...Joseph Magarelli 63
5th...Michael Finchum 62

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE RIFLE SCORES AND EQUIPMENT LIST.

http://aafta.org/html/history/2016/Nats_2016_Scores_Rifle.pdf

Here are what few pictures I have of the event. Please feel free to post more of your own if you have them.

Early morning set up.

photo Nationals 2_zpshsedqbp8.jpg

The red chronie station.

photo Nationals 5_zpstjx9g7c7.jpg

Lanes 1 through 5 of the lower yellow course.

photo Nationals 3_zpstbrl7knz.jpg

photo Nationals 4_zpsajz8d8id.jpg

Lanes 11 through 16 on the upper red course.

photo Red course 3_zps4r1wnuhs.jpg

photo Rainbow_zpsses3lr60.jpg

This message has been edited by Twentycal on Oct 16, 2016 3:11 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
NJR 100 BAGA
(Login AlexWI)
YF12

Thanks Chris et al

October 16 2016, 10:10 PM 

Chris,

It's been a few years since I attended a Nats and obviously had some issues hitting many targets.... that said, I truly enjoyed myself at your venue and really felt for your circumstances. ....job well done!

Respond to this message   

Lonnie Smith
(Login AirSmithCA)
YF

Thank you for Hosting our sports great event this year ..

October 16 2016, 11:53 PM 

I appreciated the hospitality. It's quite a task to put on an event like Nationionals and despite the mentioned logistical hang ups I still enjoyed my visit very much. You have a beautiful club and a lot of space to work with. The Red course pretty much kicked my butt on Saturday with that shifting tail wind quartering left and right and then swirling through the trees and over that range covering. I found a little redemption Sunday at on the Yellow course. Congrats to the winners. The competition was at a very high level. Both courses were challenging and fun. With so many excellent field target shooters It was a noteworthy achievement to top the scoreboard.

Chris, Sorry you ran into last minute staffing issues like that. I commend those that stepped up to help out and see it through. For the rest of us, It's always best to graciously appreciate the things that went well and learn from the rest.

Cheers!!

"It doesn't get done til someone does it"

Respond to this message   

Hector Medina
(Login HectorMedina)
YF

Just to set the record straight

October 17 2016, 7:14 PM 

There was no shootoff in WFTF Piston for the third place.

I had to concede to Gerald because, otherwise, I would've lost my flight.
As it was, my plane was the last plane into LGA well into Monday.

I'm sure you were not informed about this.

Take care, and thanks for hosting the Nationals.

HM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.