<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

ASC FT Match Jan 28, 2017 Results

January 29 2017 at 6:55 PM
Jeff Cloud  (Login Cloud9AG)
YF12

Match Report Arlington Sportsmans Club 01/28/17

The Arlington Sportsmans Club held our monthly Field Target rifle match today. The forecast was for sunny skies, light wind, and a high of 54F, but we started shooting at 39F. Brrr! 19 shooters showed up to shoot the 29 target/58 shot rifle match including 4 new shooters and someone that came to observe before jumping in with a new purchase. We were pleased to welcome 2 new shooters that came with Bob Pacatte from Brownwood. These new shooters were taking Bob’s Intro to Shooting Sports class at their local university and were immediately hooked on air rifle FT.
[linked image]
I planned this FT match to be a little easier than past matches since it was the first one of the year. Scott Cotton, Brad Vanpool, and Chris helped me setup on Friday evening, and make a few small tweaks to the improve course. The course of fire had an average distance of 25.4 yards and a Troyer difficulty rating of 28.2, with only 14% of the targets over 40yds, and some lifelike target placements (aka, behind grass, fallen trees, and in trees) to spice things up.

We had our shooters safety meeting, squadded the guys together, and then got started on time. I was squadded with Paul K, a new shooter, so that I could show him the ropes and make sure he had fun. He did, and is anxiously waiting the return of his Benjamin Marauder from a tune-up by a local shooter. We sat on the archery tower this time to practice extreme down-angle shooting, and the only complaint was that guys with bipods had trouble with them sliding around on the wood planking.
At the end of the match, we turned in our scorecards and I tallied the scores. Our very own Terry Vanpool posted the match high score of 53/58 in Hunter PCP. First place in Hunter Piston was Jim Clarke with 41/58, and finally first place in WFTF Piston was Matt Sawyer with 44/58. View the full list of all competitors’ scores and equipment below.
[linked image]

Once again, I’d like to extend my thanks to the ASC archery director for continuing to allow us to use the 3D archery course for our monthly matches. Thanks Rodney!! Many thanks to everyone who helped setup the course and takedown the course after the match. Our goal is to leave the range looking like we were never there and your assistance goes a long way to helping us achieve that goal. The ASC club will host our next regular monthly match on February 25.

If you have any interest in air rifles, have an air rifle sitting in the closet, or just want to try something new, come on out and shoot some targets that react when you hit them. We have a class for everyone, and all of our shooters are more than willing to help you out and share their knowledge.

Jeff Cloud

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Scott C.
(Login scotton)
YF

Fun times

January 30 2017, 12:47 PM 

Thanks for the, you know, effort, Jeff. There will be no money, but on your death bed, you will achieve total consciousness.
So you've got that going for you, which is nice.
Gunga ga lunga.

Respond to this message   
Jeff Cloud
(Login Cloud9AG)
YF12

More fun times

January 30 2017, 11:49 PM 

Maybe after the next match you can stay for a swim at the club. We've got a pool and a pond...the pond would be best for you. Nanananana...

Respond to this message   
Scott C
(Login scotton)
YF

Be the ball, Danny

January 31 2017, 10:02 AM 

You'll get nothing and like it!
I have a new springer on the way for the Dallas match. Scared?

Respond to this message   
TV
(Login TerryVanpool)
YC

Great Match

January 30 2017, 5:05 PM 

Great job of setting up the course Jeff.

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Great fun...

January 30 2017, 8:12 PM 

Great to see so many people show up for the first match of the year. A bit chilly to start, but the sun helped make it seem warmer.

Very different and fun course design, Jeff!
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   

Matt Sawyer
(Login MattSawyer)
YF12

Thank you Jeff and Chris

January 31 2017, 5:43 PM 

I had great time as usual, so again thank you for your efforts. See you guys at the next one.

Respond to this message   
Kevin E.
(Login TXWobble)
YF12

Excellent course design.

February 10 2017, 11:01 PM 

Fun match and thanks again for the use of your springer. Started great and then it got a mind of its own wink.gif Fun nevertheless.

See you at the Dallas match?
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.