<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Trophies and Prizes for the Temecula WFTF Challenge

January 30 2017 at 9:55 AM

AngliaUSA  (Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

In honor of the upcoming Temecula WFTF Challenge in May I will be supplying the winners with trophies for the 2 day match.

I have made 6 trophies total … Gold, Silver and Bronze - 1st/2nd/3rd place finish respectively for both the PCP and Spring Piston Classes.

[linked image]

[linked image]

So dust of those 12ft lb air rifles and start practicing for those infamous Temecula ‘ZOMBIE’ winds ..

you know …. the ones that come at you from all sides, suddenly die and then come back to life blowing stronger than ever …. LOL ….

So in consideration of those vicious ‘Zombie’ winds I will also be giving each winner a brand new Zombie Field Target by Crossman.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Anyway I hope you like them - They are made from Red oak with a Golden Oak stain and high gloss Tung oil finish.

The center medallions and the plaques are engraved brass. 

[linked image]

All the best and I look forward to seeing you all in May at LD’s ranch.

Continued safe shooting to all.

James Brinkley

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
lhd
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Temecula Challenge match WFTF only, This May 2017

January 30 2017, 2:05 PM 

Wow James, what a fantastic gesture! I'm near speechless. A "thank you" doesn't convey my gratitude! Beautiful targets for sure!

As you may have heard, ANOTHER California shooter, Scott Hull, has also graciously volanteered to provide all the official WFTF match spec targets for this Temecula match!

I truly believe this may be about the best Temecula Challenge so far! With all the nice rain, its getting pretty green around here, and with luck, there will still be a bit of green well into May. There is a specail campsite reserved for your family.

Thanks ever so much,

LD

Respond to this message   
Scott Allen
(Login variant45)
YF12

very impressive! nt

January 30 2017, 8:13 PM 

Respond to this message   
Greg
(Login Greg5850)
YF

Very nice!

January 30 2017, 10:47 PM 

Nice work on the targets! Sounds like a first class affair.

Greg S

Respond to this message   
John in Ma
(Login jroh1)

If you hold the same challenge next year I'll be there

January 30 2017, 11:15 PM 

Why not this year, well, my money is tied up traveling in the opposite direction come September. Great looking trophies James. I'm sure those who earn them will cherish them for years to come. Sorry bout the them - them, bit late for me.

Respond to this message   
lhd
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Not likely

January 31 2017, 4:23 PM 

First, the Challenge format changes nearly every year, and I doubt this year's format of WFTF-only will be popular enough to merit the extra work it entails, esp if the turnout is lower than past years that had looser rules and or more classes.

But actually, even this year's event was not going to happen, but I decided to try one more "new" (for the USA) format ... that of ACTUALLY applying recent World type rules rather than the "so called" WFTF Class effort that the AAFTA org deemed suitable to represent. SO, I decided to host a match that more closely simulates most every aspect of a "World type match" except the number of days, and considerations based on teams and a much smaller number of competitors. Because I know soe local shooters in the same bat as myself, that of being physically unable to get up and down so many times over two days, I've also amended the equipment rules to allow use of a stool/bipod combo similar to Hunter class, but with no other equipment or shooting style changes.

The match is held on my private property, and I have, in the past 16 years, I've done much of the work personally, beginning months ahead, but advancing age and reduced health are taking a toll. I doubt I have another two day event in me.

So if you really want to shoot a two-day WFTF only match, I'd say this is the very first in the country, and perhaps the last many will every see.

Respond to this message   

AngliaUSA
(Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

LD - if you've added stools and Bipod support does that mean

January 31 2017, 5:55 PM 

there will be additional classes ... i.e. . Hunter WFTF for both PCP and Sringers ?

Or are you planning on incorporating everybody into a single class and just have a PCP division and a Spring Piston division ...

I'd rather not have to make more awards .. LOL

Stay well

James B

Respond to this message   
lhd
(Login lhd)
AR&P

James,

February 1 2017, 12:09 AM 

Only the one class still. This is no "Hunter WFTF", since the true Hunter class cannot use hi mag scopes, but May use up to 20fpe. My experience shows the bipod/stool position is not quite so steady as off a bumbag, but there ARE some older guys that really need the stool option in order to last the match. IF a fit guy chooses to mix it up and use the stool/bag setup, he can, but cannot use bipod from a bumbag, as thats too steady. The bipod can ONLY be used for non-forced position shots, and MUSt be used with a stool.

Respond to this message   

AngliaUSA
(Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

Thanx for the clarification ....

February 1 2017, 12:15 PM 

nt

Respond to this message   

HookEm
(Login HookEm)
YF

Good show! /nt

January 31 2017, 11:05 AM 

Respond to this message   
George D.
(Login mgkd)
YF

Great work James!

January 31 2017, 2:48 PM 

I am really looking forward to LD's match.

Respond to this message   
Terry E
(Login TleVta)
YF12

Is registration still open for this event?

January 31 2017, 9:49 PM 

I was on the fence for a while after your announcement.

Respond to this message   

AngliaUSA
(Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

YES .. here is a link to Registration details and rules etc

January 31 2017, 10:41 PM 

Respond to this message   
lhd
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Thanks for the link James

February 1 2017, 12:02 AM 

I should have put it up again several days ago.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.