<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

GOB match report - 2-11-17

February 12 2017 at 5:05 PM
FireMarshal  (Login FireMarshal)
YC

Good Ole Boy's FT match on February 11,20 17

In spite of potential bad weather, it turned out really good. No rain during the match and fairly warm in the 60's.
We had a total of 7 shooters with someone in each class. Top score was by David Slade with 49/60 in the WFTF class. David was trying out a new Styer LG110.

Roz hasn't changed the layout since the State match in November except for combining the standing and kneeling classes. It is interesting though. Although the wind was blowing up high, there wasn't a real problem down on the ground except for a few of the uphill targets on the White course. We're still missing a lot of our competitors. Maybe some will be back soon with Spring just around the corner.

Match results:

WFFT Piston class:

1.34/60/Steve Vines/TX200/B&L 6-24/JSB 7.9

Hunter class:

1.46/60/Larry Cleveland/HM1000/Hawke12X/AA 10.3

WFTF PCP class:

1. 49/60/David Slade/Styer LG100/JSB 8.4

2. 48/60/Danny Ayers/Styer LG110/Sightron 10-50/HN 8.5

Open PCP class:

1. 46/60/Roz Sumpter/TM1000/Sightron 10-50/AA 10.3

1. 46/60/Jim Baumann/Maraurder/B&L

2. 39/60/Pat O'Brien/TM1000/Nikko 10-50/JSB 10.3

I guess since I am writing this report, I can put myself in 2nd place with a tie for first. May be the only way I can finish that high. Beats 3rd place.

I think that we will be starting our regular schedule for matches on the 2nd Saturday of March and hopefully Invicta will begin on the 4th Saturday of March at Minor Hill, TN. I will try to confirm both of these dates soon. They may already be on the websites.

Now to get my check in the mail for the Cajun's Classic in Baton Rouge. Looking forward to that one.

Ya'll come to see us at Roz's Hollow and we'll have some fun in the pines,

Pat

This message has been edited by FireMarshal on Feb 12, 2017 5:11 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

Nice report - and I know part of the reason -

February 13 2017, 7:38 PM 

for my poor performance. Chronied my gun Sunday, and it was shooting around 750, with an occasional 730 or so. Still made too many mental errors.

Anxious to try her out at the next match, post Sundays' tune.

Respond to this message   
Danny
(Login wx4p)
YF12

Next match Steve...

February 14 2017, 8:44 AM 

I'm bringing the spring gun. Don't let me chicken out happy.gif

Respond to this message   
FireMarshal
(Login FireMarshal)
YC

JSB's

February 14 2017, 3:42 PM 

Danny,

If you still want to swap a couple of tins of JSB 10.3's for 8.4's, let me know and I will bring them to the next match.

Pat.

Respond to this message   
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

I won't!

February 16 2017, 7:32 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.