<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dallas FT Club Match Results - Feb.11, 2017

February 13 2017 at 3:04 PM

Bob D.  (Login MB-BOB)
YF

After cancelling our Dec match due to the weather, we couldn’t have found better temperatures for Saturday’s Dallas FT Club Match. At match time it was a sunny 71º, and by match end it was a balmy 85º. This is February, right?

The only problem… The warm weather also brought lots of wind, from manageable 5-10mph breezes, to 20-35mph gusts, seemingly at random. With winter foliage (read no foliage) on the trees, the wind was free to cause havoc at the most unexpected times.

Bare trees let the wind influence the match…
[linked image]

Still, we were pleased to see 23 shooters appear to have fun. For the first time in memory, we had more piston shooters (7-WFTF and 4-Hunter) than Hunter PCP participants. Kevin Enzian did an excellent job running the proceedings as Match Director. Thanks, Kevin.

The course of fire was 60 shots, spread among 10 lanes (3 per lane), including 6 kneeling and 6 standing shots. The course was designed to increase the Standard Deviation overall, to 10.8. This meant that no KZ was smaller than 3/4”, the average KZ being 1-1/4” over an average distance of 30.5 yards. The resulting course difficulty was an AAFTA minimum 28 Troyer (before wind).

Welcome back to four friends who made long trips… Matt Sawyer, Leo Duran, Robert Droege and Jim Clarke. And welcome aboard to some new shooters trying out the game… Jack Judd, Jonathan Rebmann, William Quiles, and his son Alexander.

Bob Pacatte brought two new shooters, Jonathan Rebmann (L) and Jack Judd…
[linked image]

Alexander Quiles, being coached by dad, William Quiles…
[linked image]

The scores were not as good as a 28 Troyer would have predicted, certainly due to the wind. Match High score was only 80%, a 48/60, shot by Bob Dye in Hunter PCP. Matt Sawyer won the WFTF Piston Class with a 42. Mike Vredenburg shot the high score in Open PCP with a 39. And newcomer Jack Judd shot a fine 27 to win Hunter Piston, matching Curtis Eskind’s 27 in Open Piston. William Quiles led three Fun Rifle shooters with an 81/120 score.

Matt Sawyer shooting the Standing lane…
[linked image]

There were two target malfunctions, so these were credited to all. However, not all scorecards reflected this. So in double checking scores after the match, I made several adjustments to add points to half a dozen scores. The scoreboard below reflects the revised match scores.

All in all, a great start to the 2017 Field Target season!

[linked image]
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Feb 13, 2017 6:05 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Kevin E.
(Login TXWobble)
YF12

Another fun day in the woods!

February 13 2017, 4:18 PM 

A special thanks goes to all the shooters who helped break down the lanes and load everything in my truck. Would have been tough without your help. And thanks to you Bob for handling the registration/checkin details while I was doing the last minute scurrying around setting up for the match.

I would also like to thank those new shooters and those that traveled hours to get to the match. It is greatly appreciated and hope you will continue to come as many times as you can.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Billy Dick
(Login ocedummy)
YF12

Good shooting Kevin, just one more point and potential Greatness. NT

February 19 2017, 6:04 PM 

Respond to this message   
Scott C
(Login scotton)
YF

Great match

February 13 2017, 9:30 PM 

Thanks Kevin and Bob.

Respond to this message   
Jeff Cloud
(Login Cloud9AG)
YF12

I love Texas in the winter!!

February 13 2017, 9:38 PM 

Bob & Kevin (and all NTexas clubs),
Thanks for continuing to put on your FT matches for all of us shooters. I believe we have some of the highest turnout for regular monthly matches, and the level of competition makes all of us better.
Bob, I also cannot remember when there were more piston shooters than PCP shooters, except for the Pecan Plantation Piston Championship where all of you PCP shooters were FORCED to shoot a springer. LOL
See you all at the next match.
Jeff

Respond to this message   
BillinOregon
(Login BillinOregon)
YF12

Nice turnout!

February 14 2017, 1:38 PM 

Very cool to see all those piston guns on the line. I'll take 85 and a breeze vs. 35, rain and mud any time!

Respond to this message   
Scott Allen
(Login variant45)
YF12

great report and turnout Bob. nt

February 14 2017, 8:24 PM 

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Hey Bob, Sounds like you guys ...................

February 14 2017, 10:04 PM 

got a good break in the weather. Great attendance! My wife is in Irving, TX right now visiting relatives. Sunday she mentioned it was in the 80's but I thought she was busting my you no what because some one had to stay home with the animals and shovel and blow snow. One of these years maybe we will visit Texas together like we did in 2009. I travel alone quite a lot anyway so I'm glad she is getting some nice weather. She said it was raining today but tomorrow she heads out for San Diego for 4 or 5 days before returning home. Nice shooting Bob and a hoot to Matt and Jeff. Looking very promising Mr. Sawyer for the worlds this year. Keep up the good work. It is nice to see the piston classes growing. Thirteen at a local shoot has got to be a record attendance.

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

We'd be delighted to have you join us, Bill

February 15 2017, 3:01 PM 

Since you have relatives in the area, you can maybe plan a trip around one of the N. TX matches. The Rep. of Texas GP will be in the Dallas area September 23-24, at ASC in Mansfield.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Feb 15, 2017 3:48 PM

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Might just do that Bob ....................

February 17 2017, 8:56 AM 

Next time we go to Irving together.

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

BTW, the DFTC website is back up and running...

February 16 2017, 10:08 AM 

Following a physical server move and the reestablishment of internet service, our host server has resumed operation. The results from this match have been updated, with the addition of a few more pictures not shown here... www.DallasFTclub.org
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.