<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Better late than never

March 5 2017 at 8:32 PM

Hector Medina  (Login HectorMedina)
YF

Some pictures of the ESCAA "Frostbite" FT Match in February:

http://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/the-escaa-frostbite-field-target-match-in-pictures

Keep well and shoot straight!

Héctor Medina

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Great looking bunch of shooters! I can honestly say it was the first match

March 5 2017, 9:11 PM 

were I knew all the participants! Lol
Looked like you a had fun. It is also fun to see most of you shooting different guns then normal and even switching classes. I wish I were closer to join you. Good job on the course Tom.

Thanks for the entertaining report Hector!

See you guys later this summer at the Crosman and Pyramid Cup..

Respond to this message   
John in Ma
(Login jroh1)

Thanks for the report Hector

March 5 2017, 10:08 PM 

It was informative and insightful as always. I'm glad as well that you were able to attend.

Respond to this message   

Matt B.
(Login MattJP)
YC

Nice report, Hector. Always happy and thankful to read! nt

March 6 2017, 10:17 AM 

Respond to this message   

Tom Wade
(Login tom2009)
AR&P

Thanks Hector for the pictures and the write up

March 6 2017, 2:35 PM 

I was great that you and everyone was able to make to the shoot.
Tom
Live Simply
ESCAA
Eastern Suffolk competitive Airguners Association.
email: escaaclub@gmail.com

Respond to this message   

Mark Kauffman
(Login Mark.in.AZ)
YC

Great report and pictures, Hector.

March 6 2017, 5:23 PM 

I would have never given it a thought to see someone make a bumbag with "snowtreads" to keep it from moving. What a novel idea!

I can just picture how some shooters go through the motions of sitting (plopping down) on their bum bag......and finding that it has turned into a toboggan! Somehow I can also see you, with your eyes as big as silver dollars, gliding backwards down a slope while trying to keep your gun clean.

thanks for that tidbit of comic relief. It does sound like you guys had a lot of fun. That what this game is all about.

Best regards,
Mark

Respond to this message   

Randy Smith
(Login AirGumby)
YC

Nice write-up. Love to hear about your extended experiment. nt

March 6 2017, 6:28 PM 

really, no text

Respond to this message   
lhd
(Login lhd)
AR&P

you say there were no cold lines

March 8 2017, 12:26 PM 

But from here, they ALL looked too cold!

Respond to this message   

Hector Medina
(Login HectorMedina)
YF

Thanks to all for your kind words

March 11 2017, 10:45 AM 

Paul.- I am sure that by now, you know about 80% of all FT shooters in the country! It's hard to beat your enthusiasm. LOL!

John.- It was a pleasure shooting under those conditions and being able to get away of the mayhem around here for a day was a VERY welcome relief. I also learned a thing or two. wink.gif

Matt B.- You should have been there! But I understand the distance and time issues. Hope to see you soon somewhere.

Tom.- Thank YOU for putting up the flawless Match. It was hard work and a few words and pictures do not do honor to the fun we had. THANKS!

Mark.- What you probably cannot see from the pictures is that the main "walkway" is a sunken road. Lanes go out to the right and left of the walkway, but you need to go up about a foot to get to the level of the forest. SOME shoooting positions are on a decline backwards to you when you sit down.
So, your mental picture is not far off my first attempt at plopping down in my bumbag! Yes I was sliding backwards and I have to admit it WAS A RELIEF to not fall completely back and roll with the gun in hand.
Next positions I put myself as far forward as the trigger would allow to avoid that.
As I said, I learnt a thing or two! happy.gif

Randy.- I only have two more shoots to go with different configurations and then I will have all the data I need for the long run experiment. With the mayhem around here I do not know WHEN I will be able to go to the needed two more shoots but, you know me, I keep my course. "Y'all" will read it as soon as I can conscientiously write it up.

Larry.- Yes, they were cold! LOL! I do have to say that at times I envy you CA guys's weather. But then a day like yesterday comes along where after a big snowstorm that dropped almost 6" of snow in 5 hours yields to a beautiful sunny day and I forgive New England for the crappy weather. Today, we dawned at 12 °F and with windchill it feels like -5° F. Still, sunny.
Guess home is where the heart is.

Again, thanks to all for your kind words.

Keep well and shoot straight!

HM

Respond to this message   
lhd
(Login lhd)
AR&P

As close as it gets

March 15 2017, 2:51 AM 

New year's day Jan, 2015. We had some good snow at my place. Here are a couple pix: http://forums.delphiforums.com/bulldurham/messages?msg=5395.4

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.