<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dallas Field Target Club Match Results, April 8, 2017...

April 9 2017 at 2:32 PM

Bob D.  (Login MB-BOB)
YF

Saturday dawned a pleasant 65° with sunny skies, but blustery winds. In these parts, the Texas rollers usually build in the afternoon as the temps rise. But on this day, the wind appeared at daybreak, steady at 10-15 mph, and gusting to near 30-35 mph throughout the match. A real challenge that affected everyone... well, nearly everyone.

The course of fire was 52 shots, two targets on each of 13 lanes. This included 4-shots kneeling and 4 shots standing. Elm Fork Shooting Sports came through by mowing the 2-3 feet tall weeds in the common areas and our large sight-in range.

While I had carefully carved wind-protected lanes in the tall weeds the day before, they also mowed down five of these shooting lanes into a broad field. This exposed a huge area to the winds forecasted for Saturday. Not as planned, but whatever. At least the trees were fully leafed out in spring foliage. This made the first 5 lanes very shady around the far targets, but did cut the wind a little.

I’d like to think the gusty wind promised scared away some folks. In the end, we had 18 intrepid shooters show up to challenge themselves in some guaranteed tricky conditions.

[linked image]

Kevin Enzian reserved himself an exclusive place in the “zone” for the day, leaving everyone behind with a Hunter PCP score of 47/52, missing only one, non-forced position shot. Stellar performance, Kevin.

Mike Vredenburg shot the next highest score, a 42/52 in Open Class. Don Carmack posted the third highest score, 40/52, in Hunter PCP, followed closely by Terry Vanpool’s 39.

Tim L's spiffy Marauder...
[linked image]

Matt Sawyer used an HW97 borrowed from an always generous Jeff Cloud to post a 31/52 in WFTF Piston, six shots better than Jeff (how rude, hehe). Tony Vaserfirer brought a new rifle to shoot a 27, to win Hunter Piston.

The Egret has performed well since new in Feb...
[linked image]

We’re fortunate to have several new folks trying FT in N. Texas. One of the minor challenges is to keep the matches on a timely track, so we can shoot a pistol match in the early afternoon. At this match, we used timers on every 2nd or third lane to coach people along and provide a hint of what will be expected at the September Rep of Texas GP. No penalties for running out the timer, but rather to make people aware... and it worked. This match consumed just 2-3/4 hours, down from 4 hours before.

Brad V. shoots standing...
[linked image]

Thanks to all for coming to the match. Our next will be on Saturday, June 10. Here are the Results.

[linked image]
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Apr 10, 2017 7:31 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jeff Cloud
(Login Cloud9AG)
YF12

Great match and great shooters

April 9 2017, 7:00 PM 

I don't mind loaning my springers out to others to enjoy; heck we're having a regular springer revival here in Texas! I'm not even upset hat you put me and Matt together to try and generate some grudge shooting and competition. 😜 Anyways, don't apologize for the wind or the lack of wind blocks! Shooting in the wind makes us better shooters. It was a challenging but fun course as always. Thanks!

Respond to this message   
DonC
(Login DonC)
YF

Nice report Bob, AND.....

April 9 2017, 8:01 PM 

It was really nice that you included timers with no penalty to acquaint shooters with them.
Wish Texas was closer to me.

Respond to this message   
Scott C
(Login scotton)
YF

Sorry

April 9 2017, 9:22 PM 

Sorry I couldn't make it, but for the record, I ain't skeered. Work reared it's ugly head.

And Matt, it looks like you shawt pretty good in the yawd.

Respond to this message   
Kevin E.
(Login TXWobble)
YF12

It was a fun day

April 10 2017, 8:29 AM 

Good friends, nice weather (albeit a bit breezy) and dry conditions makes a trip to the woods enjoyable. Had a new potential shooter Jeff M., follow me and Tim around for the whole match asking relevant questions. Offered to share my rifle at next match he can attend. He used to shoot air pistol and air rifle silhouettes so perhaps he can provide the challenge for you, Mr. Dye, in the standing lane. Of course, maybe I could do that as well if I would just PRACTICE wink.gif

Anyway, good course design Bob. And thanks, Buddy for coming out Friday to help clean up the lanes and set blocks. It would have killed Bob to do the setup himself since I couldn't get there earlier enough.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

Matt Sawyer
(Login MattSawyer)
YF12

I had a great time.

April 10 2017, 9:23 AM 

Thank you Bob for putting on a fun and challenging course. The wind definitely made more challenging. Thank you Jeff form lending me your riffle it was nice to shot a match with something different. I'm looking forward to the next match,

Respond to this message   
TV
(Login TerryVanpool)
YC

Come on Guys

April 11 2017, 3:00 PM 

Kevin shot one heck of a match. Everyone needs to heap on the praise. Maybe we can get his head swelled up enough he won't be able to see next week at ASC.

No kidding Kevin, that was a great performance.
Charter member of Over The Hill Gang

Respond to this message   
Griff Crutti
(Login GriffC)
YF12

Great shooting!

April 11 2017, 8:55 PM 

I got a chance to meet and shoot with Kevin at Cajun's and thoroughly enjoyed his company. Super guy and a heck of a marksman!

Respond to this message   
Kevin E.
(Login TXWobble)
YF12

Thanks a bunch, Griff

April 11 2017, 9:01 PM 

I, too, enjoyed the match with you. Nipping at my heals the whole time but, more importantly, enjoying the fun in the woods. Could not have asked for better shooting conditions and company. Maybe we can talk you and others into joining us for the Republic of Texas GP event in September!
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Griff Crutti
(Login GriffC)
YF12

Planning on it!

April 11 2017, 9:47 PM 

I've already submitted a formal request to my bride to shoot that match and I think it's going to happen for us. I will be lobbying my buddies as well, would love to return the support you guys give us every spring. Hope to see everybody in September!

Respond to this message   
Kevin E.
(Login TXWobble)
YF12

Gee, thanks Terry

April 11 2017, 8:58 PM 

My position in the lofty stratosphere is tenuous at best with the likes of you, Bob, Buddy, Don and others gunning for top rung. I will take it all in stride and recognize how quickly I can be humbled happy.gif In the meantime, I will bask in the glow of the win and hope they arrive with more frequency.

See you in Mansfield
[linked image]

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.