<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

LG 300 Hunter Value / Impressions

April 13 2017 at 1:24 AM
Dennis  (Login ddmann)
YC

So I have an opportunity to pick one of these up at what I believe to be a reasonable price. The stock seems to be in fantastic condition, I can discern no marks or scratches on the action, and it even has an extra cylinder, (although it is not the full length version). My question is has anyone had any experience with one of these rifles and what were your impressions.

Did it seem to favor a particular pellet, how many shots per fill did you get, any issues with the regulator, and is it backyard friendly?

In the past I have had a chance to shoot a 300xt and I loved the trigger. According to the seller all lg 300's share the same trigger, anyone now if this is true? Am leaning to buying this

Big fan of the tuned springer thunk.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
John Whitfield
(Login JD400)
YC

Good FT gun, great value...

April 16 2017, 12:09 AM 

The Walthers are good guns. I have first hand experience with them. The LG300 Dominator Hunter 17 ftlb, LG300 Dominator 15ftlb and 12ftlb versions. Very fast thus forgiving, with regard to firing cycle, short stroke hammers. The XT versions with the absorber seem too busy for my taste while shooting, I prefer the sharper feel and to me it is indeed sharper. Parts are available for replacement or spares for all LG300 models direct from Walther as I have spares to rebuild my 1 remaining LG300 2 times over incuding spare regs tubes and a barrel. I've found the LG300s that I have owned were great guns all I might add pre owned with thousands of rounds through them. There may be one area where the platform through design renders a safety type hot zone. The pin that links the bolt to cocking lever linkage can be and should be considered a wear item. A failure in that area can send the bolt out the back of the block toward the operators face. I have experienced the pin break although it was only on the the "Hunter" version when shooting 17 ftlbs, reg set at 100 bar, 17ftlbs no longer available. The bolt barely moved when the pin broke. I have spare pins and have recently rebuilt the action . Alternatively the high powered versions of the LG300s became 15ftlb guns, as the 12meter designs were not really intended to run pressures for "20 ftlb". If I'm remembering correctly more than 80 shots from a 4300 psi fill long steel tube at 17 ftlbs jsb 10.3 .I have a Jr tube, the short aluminum as well and it will shoot sight in and a 60 shot match. I currently run a LG300 Dominator at 12 ftlbs jsb 8.4 @ 790 aluminum stock 15" barrel with the long steel tube, trigger is Walther 10 meter gun good. I like it lite, Walts trigger scale says .25 oz and has feel. And yes all the triggers are the same , some parts are different on the XT/carbontec type platforms due to the absorber system, but they do not have the feel of the non absorber types. Last of all they are not quiet guns at all, not even close , they are raw target shooting instruments that are not quiet. I am really attached to mine. I've won matches with it and them....

This message has been edited by JD400 on Apr 16, 2017 12:21 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.