<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Temecula WFTF Challenge, May 20/21, 2017

April 26 2017 at 9:15 PM
LD  (Login lhd)
AR&P

The 16th Annual Spring FT Match in Temecula coming soon. Please print and fill in the entry form if you plan to come and have not yet sent one in. Its too late for the early discount, but-out-of State entries can still get a discount.

Registration Form
The Temecula Field Target Challenge, WFTF style
38505 Overhill rd. Temecula, CA 92592
May 20th & 21st 2017

Competitor's Name___________________________________ Phone ____________
Address____________________________________________________
City______________________ State_________ Zip________
Email_____________________
Air Rifle___________________
Scope____________________

Rifle Divisions-
WFTF 12fpe Piston____ WFTF 12fpe PCP ____

Award structure: a division having less than six contestants will have 1st, and 2nd, place awards
a division having six or more contestants will have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards.
a division having 10 or more contestants will have 1sr, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place awards.

Local Entries may be limited to 20 entries. Total entries will be limited to 50 shooters.

Match Fees of $80 (or $65 for registration payment before March 30th)

Snacks, drinks and lunch will be available on Saturday & Sunday. Additionally, a simple breakfast will be avaiable on Sunday. Non-registered guests can purchase lunch at a small additional fee.

Sightin range will be available to registered shooters on Friday afternoon, May 19

Early registrants gets priority for camp sites, all are "dry". Advise in advance of you want to camp.

Downtown cities of Hemet, Murrieta, and Temecula are each within 15 miles. Our site is in the Wine Country. Check around early for best deals,

More Info call Larry, Cell phone: (951)-375-6982 Larry at: therealld6@yahoo.com

Signed by competitor___________________________________________ Date_______________

This message has been edited by lhd on Apr 26, 2017 9:17 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
LD
(Login lhd)
AR&P

From the Brinkley mike and mouse

May 1 2017, 3:19 AM 

Respond to this message   

Matt B.
(Login MattJP)
YC

Thumbs up

May 1 2017, 10:31 AM 

That's a pretty great teaser video!! And great idea for the WFTF challenge, LD. Too bad I'm stuck across the country with family and work demands.

Thanks for putting this shoot on - I look forward to news!

Matt B.

Respond to this message   
LD
(Login lhd)
AR&P

weather for the match (updated)

May 3 2017, 2:27 PM 

The historic temp range for May @ 92592 zip has been lows of 50F and highs of 83F. I predict clear skies, 55F low and 89F high temps, medium (5-9mph) wind, no rain. Sunrise 5:44, Sunset 7:45 based on an almanac average.

Long range Weather Prediction https://www.wunderground.com/us/ca/temecula) for my area is 52f/65f on 5/20 and 51f/72f on 5/21, which is much cooler than I thought it might be, so bring warm AND cool weather gear.

Update May10, long range prediction is 58/83 on Sat and up to 85F on Sunday.

This message has been edited by lhd on May 10, 2017 4:20 PM

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

This will NOT be an AAFTA Grand Prix match, right?

May 9 2017, 10:06 AM 

Excluding two of the three sanctioned AAFTA Divisions should mean that results can't be submitted for the nationwide Rifle Grand Prix.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   
LD
(Login lhd)
AR&P

they say there are no

May 9 2017, 1:03 PM 

dumb questions, but there are, right?

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Excuse me. Wake up, LD...

May 9 2017, 3:45 PM 

You're having a two day match. Why would any non-European spend all weekend shooting a match (that we don't shoot in the USA) without thinking there are 2-day, GP points on offer?

This is an AAFTA FT Forum, not a World's FT Forum. The Temecula Challenge is the aberration, not the norm. You should not assume that everyone lives on your planet.

Oh, wait... This match is on the West coast. OK, never mind.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on May 9, 2017 4:16 PM

Respond to this message   
Scott Hull
(Login Scotchmo1957)
YF

Excuse me. Open your eyes, Bob...

May 9 2017, 4:39 PM 

"Why would any non-European spend all weekend shooting a match (that we don't shoot in the USA) without thinking there are 2-day, GP points on offer?"

Bob, you tend to project your own feelings as to how everyone else should feel. And you do it on many issues.

Freestyle only, WFTF only, or even Piston only. GP points or not, we spend all weekend shooting because it's fun.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/thread/1431961022

http://www.slsba.org/airgun/results/TC-2015.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DQf2YYyhrc

Two day Piston matches at our club (not AAFTA GP):

http://www.slsba.org/airgun/results/results04-16-2016.htm

"This is an AAFTA FT Forum, not a World's FT Forum..."

Here is the "AAFTA" forum:
http://www.aafta.org/forum/index.php
That forum might be more amenable to your complaints. As far as I know, this here particular forum is a Field Target forum, not just an AAFTA forum.

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Everything I have written...

May 9 2017, 6:00 PM 

...since my initial question has been in response to LD's rude, condescending chastisement for asking what he in his infinite wisdom determines to be a “dumb” question. A simple yes or no answer would have sufficed, and been more respectful.

Perhaps he should look in a mirror and consider that when presuming to lecture others about their foibles.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on May 10, 2017 3:52 PM

Respond to this message   
LD
(Login lhd)
AR&P

Wake Up?

May 10 2017, 1:51 PM 

Really Bob? Since WHEN has this been an AAFTA Forum Bob? The AAFTA org does not have a lock on these pages, it was estblished to help promote the Sport of Field Target in general, and there are, and there have beeen many readers that do not belong to AAFTA-affiliated clubs.

Bob, you seem bent on dissing my events ... not sure why, but the West Coast diss may be a clue. Anyhow, I've hosted FT events for 16 yrs, and about all of them were events that were succesful and fun. I assume you are pleased to know this IS the last of the two-day events I'll host.

Its been a fun, but long and challlenging run, and I'm proud to have helped promote the game and reinforce introduction of many new wrinkles over the decades, such as a complete new design for an American-style Field Target rifle and a number of FT assesory concepts.

But there were ideas for the actual ranges too, a few of which have become more common, such as use of concrete blocks to set targets on, use of braided wire fishing leaders with swivels to attach reset strings to, use of bell targets, use of "lollipop type targets" (KZ seems to "float" in a larger hole in paddle, and it protrude thru to actually sit ahead of the faceplate, making falls due to "splits" on the edge of the faceplate impossible). I held the first matches out here where rangefinders were allowed, and introduced the concept of "golf scoring" to allow new shooters to get in extra shots to learn where they are hitting more easily. We experimented with very long range shots on larger than normal KZ's and used course designs that are meant to give wind from all directions.

Since we are always trying to do new things to improve the game for us, many practices we use were NOT within the ever-changing and sometimes difficult to decypher AAFTA rules. There really was no benefit for us to attempt to fit in at all until VERY recently, when the score tabulating method got more sensible. We did try a couple AAFTA-GP events, but it was a lot more work in records-keeping and course development. I decided the additional work of recording target distance, size, and difficulty factor was a waste of effort in the overall scheme of things for our matches. Folks who did it knew what it was, those that didn't really didn't need that level of data.

Match turnout was about the same, entrants truly interested in the GP aspect were in the small minority, with the huge majority of entrants the same ones that come year after year.

This last match WILL be unigue, and I assume fun for those attending (whish IS the point for us) and continues to use, or introduces special features what I'm sure will begin to become commonplace in larger matches even East of Ca ... single class events, one shot pre target, and signage as is used in current World's matches. Despite the unusual stuff, many keep coming year after year mostly for the night and day camarderie and the good food ... is this so bad Bob?

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

"Dissing your events?" Really, LD...

May 10 2017, 4:50 PM 

I'll be clear...

I have NO OPINION at all, and Couldn't CARE LESS what you do with your “WFTF only” style match... Why? Because you've famously stated on countless occasions that you care less what the remaining entirety of the country does with their matches. So don’t get your knickers in a knot.

I merely asked a question, based on the fact that 90%+ of the topics on this forum relate to AAFTA field target, and when 2-day matches are promoted, nearly all of the time it relates to AAFTA-sanctioned GP events. I just wanted to know if this match was different.

And all I got in reply was condescending sarcasm and now, rampant paranoia in defending yourself and all you have done for the game. Not necessary (on either count)...

Thanks to Wayne Burns for answering my question in a succinct, respectful manner. That's all I wanted or "cared" about.

I'm sure all of you will have fun at the Temecula Challenge.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

Bob, It's been known from the start that this was not an AAFTA GP match... LD rarely has

May 9 2017, 10:24 PM 

an AAFTA sanctioned match as anyone who goes to them will tell you. I think LD was feeling you knew it, but you were making a point of your own????

But AAFTA GP points are not the only important thing for some of us. LD's matches are very special and he prides himself on making them different and challenging each year. Larry has let it be known for a long time that his main priority is NOT pleasing AAFTA... it's having a safe and fun/challenging match and lots of good BSing and bell target games at night.... and lots of good food.

But, yes you are right that many competitors don't want to shoot only 12fpe... and or don't want to "waste time" at a match that won't gain them any AAFTA GP points.... but that's fine. We'll still have plenty of competitors and loads of fun. He is also trying out some new things that might be popular... and someday maybe AAFTA might adopt a version of it...or not:-) But who really cares:-)

Your remark about the "West Coast" is just as nasty as what Larry said to you... but I know he said it first:-)

Let's just have fun and live and let live:-)

Wayne

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Finally, a straight forward answer. Thanks, Wayne... n/t

May 9 2017, 10:32 PM 

[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.