<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Funny thing just occurred to me as I plan for Heflin and my knees start aching

May 5 2017 at 9:58 PM

Billy Dick  (Login ocedummy)
YF12

In the last two years I have shot at Baga, GOB, Atlanta, Minor Hill, SMGC, Baton Rouge, Arlington Sportsman Club, Dallas, Desoto and Heflin. In 2014 at Heflin I started on about lane 8 on Day 1 and lane 13 on Day 2. Baton Rouge this year I started on lane 5 day 1 and 13 on day 2. 2016 Nationals in MI I started on lane 6, day 1 and lane 14 on day 2. At GOB match , day one lane 14 and day 2 lane 6. I could go on but the point I am making is that to my knowledge, I have NEVER started on lanes 1-5 at a real match. At most matches, if you start on a high numbered lane, you wind up walking a lot more than those who start on lane 1. Lane 1 people walk out from lane 1 to 15 and then walk back, one lap. If you start on lane 13, you walk out to 13 then to 15, walk back to 1 then to 12 and then back to the start. That is about 1.75 laps.

The point is: Why statistically do the nobodies, old guys and Chunkies(euphemism for fat guys, yes I match all those) get the pleasure of walking their butts off and the rest get the "best" lanes. Plus I shot with Garvey 3 times last year and Cliff S. owes me big time.

And no I don't want any cheese with my Whine.........Just something for the MD's to consider.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

HookEm
(Login HookEm)
YF

Ummh..?

May 6 2017, 11:30 AM 

While shooting, all squads have the same 'hike' back to lane 1, except for the squad that starts at lane 1... Of course, once you're done shooting the length of the hike back to the common area will depend on your last lane.

BTW, I have noticed that you sure like to use that "old guy" card!
I can assure you that we have plenty of "old guys" in the game, and they sure don't complain as much as you do.
I turned 60 last October, and that may not qualify me as an "old guy" yet, so that should you give an idea of our age groups happy.gif.

HookEm

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

I know you're just kidding, Billy Dick. So here's some more (attempted) humor...

May 6 2017, 12:09 PM 

Just a few things a MDs needs to consider...

Squadding marshals with several lanes between them
a) Avoid starting two marshals in adjacent lanes.

Try to squad a fast shooter with a slow shooter
a) Avoid squadding two known slow shooters together (at all costs)...

Squadding so no one starts the match on a standing or kneeling lane, if possible...
a) Trying to honor requests from shooters who prefer to start on a standing or kneeling lane first, so they can "get it out of the way" before they get tired...
b) Trying to honor requests from shooters who prefer to END on a standing or kneeling lane, so they are "limbered-up" before they get there...

Squadding one shooter who asks to shoot with someone they haven’t shot with in a while...
a) Avoid squadding people who shoot together all the time at home.
b) Squadding strangers together so they get to meet new people.

Squadding some PCP folks to start 6 lanes before the community tank refill station so they arrive there around mid match.
a) Squadding the piston shooters to start around the PCP refill station... why would they care?

Anticipating people who will get along and squadding them together...
a. Avoid squadding two shooters who dislike each other...
(Special a.) Finding anyone who will willingly shoot with Mr. Congeniality (no longer a problem, so no more black bean for you, BD)

Accommodating special needs requests due to medical limitations on the kneeling lane.
a. Trying to decide why there should be any accommodation on the kneeling lane, since the rules already make accommodation...

And now...
Making sure all the “nobodies(?) old guys and chunkies” start on Lane 1 so their knees aren’t shot by the end of the match.

Ah, the life of a Match Director... Does it ever end?

[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on May 6, 2017 1:02 PM

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Bob, You make me think ........................

May 6 2017, 3:43 PM 

It is much more fun not being the match Director. I regress ;>)

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Nahh! It is too much fun listening .....................

May 6 2017, 3:52 PM 

To shooters p--- and Moan about two small of kill zones! Target to high in tree! Can't see all of target when sitting on bum bag. Can't make out KZ because it's too shot up! Sun is in my eyes! Found a tick on me! Guy behind me taking pictures too close! Yada Yada yada!
P.S one of my own favorites ........ we need higher power scopes in hunter

This message has been edited by dayjd2 on May 7, 2017 8:47 AM

Respond to this message   
John in Ma
(Login jroh1)

If you can make it to the CT Airguners match next month

May 7 2017, 8:06 AM 

there will be a few of those too small KZ's, past reg distances too.

Respond to this message   
Paul in Zhills
(Login jps2486)
YF

Amen, brother-nt

May 13 2017, 7:29 AM 

Respond to this message   

HookEm
(Login HookEm)
YF

Good list Bob. but...

May 6 2017, 5:41 PM 

I think shooters hate ending on forced-position lanes more than starting on them.
(rationale: by then end of the match you're exhausted)

HookEm

Respond to this message   

Billy Dick
(Login ocedummy)
YF12

See, that Dye guy gets it........NT

May 6 2017, 6:23 PM 

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

I'm not so sure. See my new thread above...n/t

May 6 2017, 6:44 PM 

[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.