<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

I just have to brag on a new shooter... And make a point...

May 6 2017 at 6:37 PM

Bob D.  (Login MB-BOB)
YF

At the recent Arlington Sportsman’s Club (TX) match, it was my pleasure to shoot with Johnny Nabors. Johnny is a new shooter, and this was his third match. I have his permission to write this.

I learned as the match progressed than Johnny has a replacement right knee. So I anticipated he would shoot an upcoming kneeling lane while standing. A right-hand shooter on bended replacement knee on the ground can't be fun...

Instead, I was very impressed with his refreshing "can-do" attitude in shooting the lane from the kneeling position. His only remark was about some (occasional) pain from the incision scar in front of his right knee. But no pain on this occasion.

Johnny dropped the far target at 35(ish) yards... TWICE.

Johnny will be 77 years old in September.

I only hope I can shoot while kneeling 12 years from now. A knee replacement is well within my future before then.

Perhaps as he enjoys the game with many additional matches, he might change his tune, and fall among the (few) seasoned shooters clamoring for rules accommodations. Meanwhile, I hope to see his continuing acceptance of the kneeling challenge, as intended.

Just chalk it up to spry, youthful naivety with the game, I guess.

I'm sure his outlook on life helps. His emails to me have the tagline, "When was the last time you did something for the first time? Do it now, for today will be yesterday tomorrow."

Way to go, Johnny!

[linked image]
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on May 6, 2017 6:46 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Billy Dick
(Login ocedummy)
YF12

Good for him, I must be a wuss after all and he is 2.4 years older. NT

May 6 2017, 6:51 PM 

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Wuss or no Wuss ..........................

May 6 2017, 7:08 PM 

No two knee replacements are never exactly the same and pain tolerance can vary from individual to individual. My right knee feels like I'm kneeling on a bed of crushed glass when my weight is on it. The left knee which was replaced second (A week apart) doesn't feel quite as bad but range of motion isn't quite as good. I've tried the bucket thing and right now off hand is working better.

Respond to this message   
Ken Hughes
(Login Kennjr)
YC

That's the kind of spirit you can admire

May 6 2017, 8:01 PM 

"Way to go Johnny!" +1

Love that tag line!!! If I make it to that stage of life I only hope to have that kind of attitude and drive.

Ken Hughes

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Excellent point Ken ...........................

May 7 2017, 8:45 AM 

it is inspiring to see someone like Johnny getting down there and enjoying the game. Dropping both shots at 35 yards is impressive!

Respond to this message   

Boomer
(Login Boomer75)
YF

Kudos to you Bob for identifying something worth vocalizing and to Johnny...

May 6 2017, 9:38 PM 

This is an awesome story and I am happy to read stuff like this! Great job everyone involved!!!!

Thanks,
Boomer
"I am not addicted...I can quit anytime I want...I just don't want to..."

[linked image]http://www.bagaclub.com/

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.