<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Thinkinbg hard about switching to Open Piston for the Nevada Match

May 8 2017 at 5:02 PM

dan_house  (Login dan_house)
YC

For a few reasons:

Ive not had time (work, illness and weather, it just stop snowing and raining this weekend....), had issues with my fill station Im still working out, and Ive lost my setup and practice field to (sub)urban sprawl.

Also easier to haul just the gun around when I can find somewhere close to home to shoot/practice.......

How much driving my self nuts (more so than normal happy.gif ) am I in for? And what about swapping back for the rest of the season?

Still on the fence about doing it, and may not after getting some feed back....

TIA

dan

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

AngliaUSA
(Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

Dan .. you owe it to yourself

May 8 2017, 9:44 PM 

To get one of these ...

RWS 54 or 56 ...

$500 will get you a nice used one.

a bone stock one in .177 will shoot JSB Heavies at 17 - 18 ft lbs

See how you like it and how you do ...in open spring piston ...

Then If you are feeling brave and flush .. I highly recommend converting it to 12 ft lbs.... and come join the insanity in WFTF Springer division.

Next we meet I'll let you shoot mine and you'll understand why I'm smiling like the Cheshire cat ....

Stay well

JB

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   

David Enoch
(Login DavidEnoch)
YF

Is that a custom stock? It is really pretty.

May 11 2017, 11:14 AM 

Love the stock. Is it a custom stock.
I like the rounded over edges.
David Enoch

Respond to this message   

AngliaUSA
(Login AngliaUSA)
YF12

Nope a bone Stock .. stock

May 11 2017, 5:34 PM 

Just a regular old RWS56 TH

Respond to this message   

Lonnie Smith
(Login AirSmithCA)
YF

We will have air available at the Nevada Match you can use...But

May 8 2017, 9:53 PM 

I love my piston guns. They are more difficult to master but the reward is when you do, Your improved technique carries over to the precharged quite well. If you do swap you will be in good company. looks like we are going to have several piston shooters this year.

"It doesn't get done til someone does it"

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

I need an editor some times...

May 10 2017, 12:30 PM 

my fill station issues here, mean I cant get air to setup the USFT.....

Hence the Piston question...

but I may have fixed it, we'll see tonight

Respond to this message   
Ronnie Easton Match Director in Sacramento
(Login Thumpman1)
YF

nice to see you stay American style!!!! and drop that WFTF thing like a hot potatoe

May 9 2017, 9:17 PM 

go for Open Class pal!! i love the power.

Lator Gator happy.gif

Open class is coming back real strong. look forward to the next few years.
Ronnie E
NCAGC.com
Wheelscroller@gmail.com.

This message has been edited by Thumpman1 on May 9, 2017 9:23 PM

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

I like my harness :)

May 10 2017, 12:33 PM 

WFTF... some day...

right now though just trying to get setup for the NV match with something to shoot, and hopefully well happy.gif

Respond to this message   
(Login Thumpman1)
YF

right on Dan!! straps are nice !!

May 10 2017, 8:03 PM 

and many hunter class shooters would find them extremely stable to shoot from. i see many Hunter class shooters migrating on over to open class where they can use higher magnification and increased range finding capability. so we may see many more to come in Open class in the future imo. happy.gif

R
Ronnie E
NCAGC.com
Wheelscroller@gmail.com.

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

I need all the help I can get....

May 11 2017, 11:10 AM 

high mag scopes, harness.... divine intervention.... happy.gif

Respond to this message   
(Login Thumpman1)
YF

don't we all lol :-) nt

May 11 2017, 11:08 PM 

Ronnie E
NCAGC.com
Wheelscroller@gmail.com.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.