<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

May 6 match report: Central Carolina Gun Club

May 9 2017 at 9:46 PM
Gerald  (Login airgunnin)
YC

Acknowledgement to Leo for plagiarizing his report format...

Central Carolina Gun Club Match Report – 2017 May 6

Temperature: 52 - 64 °F
Wind: Primarily out of the West and gusting from 10 - 30 MPH
Number of Targets: 30 (60 points maximum)
Average Distance: 33.0 yards (10 targets over 40 yards)
Average Kill Zone: 1.14”
Course Difficulty: 32.3T (37.5T with wind)

Results:

[linked image]

Remarks:

This was our first match at the new Field Target range. The weather was perfect from a temperature standpoint, but the wind was a different story. I had to verify the wind speed on Weather Underground, but the numbers you see are correct. Check out the video clips; the conditions were very challenging.

The pond lane was probably the favorite. There's just something about shooting across water... The wind was almost directly from a three o’clock position for this lane, and required a significant hold off. I heard one shooter say they held five minutes right!

Will Piatt was first in Open and high overall with a very impressive score of 56. Scott Allen finished second with a 46, followed by Paul Porch with a 38.

In Hunter PC, Ammon Piatt was first with a score of 50. Joe Magarelli and Philip Hepler tied at 44. After several shoot off rounds, the tie was still not resolved, and both competitors decided that food was more important than deciding who would take second place. Hunter piston went to Curt Hathaway with a score of 35 followed by Mike Finchum with a 22. This was Troy Ammons’ first field target match, and he shot it freestyle scoring hits on 3 targets. Matthew Magarelli, a first time Junior shooter, hit 33 face plates and knocked down 6 in his first match. Two of those hits were on the woodpecker target in the pond lane. Great job Matthew!

Don Armstrong shot a score of 29 in WFTF. Raymond Hawkins also shot a score of 29 in Unlimited.

Thanks to everyone that participated. Be on the look out for our next match.

Gerald Long
Central Carolina Gun Club

Pictures and video clips are here:
http://centralcarolinagunclub.wildapricot.org/Field-Target
Gerald

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Scott Allen
(Login variant45)
YF12

Thanks for hosting and putting it together Gerald.

May 10 2017, 9:48 AM 

Challenging course with those wind conditions.

Scott

This message has been edited by variant45 on May 10, 2017 9:49 AM

Respond to this message   
Joe Mags
(Login Joemagjr)
YF12

Really fun day

May 10 2017, 10:03 AM 

Matthew and I had a great time. He was super excited when he got his first knockdown. I think he's got the bug and will be shooting more more matches.
We ended up exploring downtown Raleigh and staying the night. Just a really nice weekend. Thanks to you and your club for hosting.

Respond to this message   
Gerald
(Login airgunnin)
YC

Hi Joe...

May 10 2017, 11:13 AM 

...please send me an email with your number. I have a question for you. Thanks.
Gerald

Respond to this message   
Joe Mags
(Login Joemagjr)
YF12

Email sent to your Yahoo email nt

May 10 2017, 12:29 PM 

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Great day Gerald, challenging course as it was, the high winds proved even

May 10 2017, 10:36 AM 

more challenging. It srue got me.... I really liked the woodpecker over the water, especially since I knocked it down twice..lol

Seriously, your course took us out of our comfort zones with the shading and use of many 3/8" KZs...

Job well done Gerald....

Respond to this message   
Joe H.
(Login Guthook)
YF

Re: May 6 match report: Central Carolina Gun Club

May 10 2017, 4:50 PM 

Gerald I really enjoyed my first shoot and am looking forward to coming back.
Thanks
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Curt
(Login CurtHathaway)
YF12

Re: May 6 match report: Central Carolina Gun Club

May 11 2017, 6:39 AM 

Thanks again Gerald! I had a blast and appreciate your hard work very much!

Respond to this message   
Don Armstrong
(Login doninva1)
YF12

This was one of the best set up courses I've shot. The targets were

May 11 2017, 8:03 PM 

were setup to be challenging but there were no weird sitting positions or unreasonable target placements. Now the wind was another story. It kicked my butt and I got a turn off on my Sightron that wasn't a big help either. Looking forward to the next shoot at CCGA. Thanks, Don

Respond to this message   
Gerald
(Login airgunnin)
YC

Thanks for the kind words...

May 15 2017, 9:15 PM 

I'll be tied up for the next couple/few weeks. Hopefully, we can have a match in June. Watch the forum.
Gerald

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.