<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Thanks Lonnie and Jason for hosting another super fun "Field" target match.

June 12 2017 at 12:13 PM
Wayne Burns  (Login WayneBurns)
YF12

Lonnie and Jason really do put the "Field" back into the FT game!!! Lonnie is still recovering and gimping around on crutches, but still went for hosting the match. That is really some dedication!! Jason did almost all of the hiking up and down those steep, (30 to 40 degree) rocky mountain sides, to set super difficult targets, in some very tricky winds to read. Setting that course must have been one of the most physically challenging events of Jason's life:-) Thanks so much to both of you!!!

That canyon is so beautiful this year especially with all the rain we've had out west. We were also blessed with super nice weather from a cold front moving thru, with highs in the low 70's.... a perfect weekend for field target in the wild.

What a great time was had by all. Randy and I had to go through snow fall on the way out and back as we made our way through the mountains.... very unusual weather for June, but welcome indeed!

Thanks again guys for a super fun weekend in the wild mountains of Nevada!

Wayne

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Bill Corder
(Login billcorder)
YF12

heck yes, thanks Lonnie and Jason

June 12 2017, 10:43 PM 

What a great course you guys set up as usual. Gotta love the 35 degree standers in the canyon. The winds made the tough course even tougher. If I didnt get 2 flat tires, (luckily the same one I plugged 2 times), it would have been better. It is what it is, and as we all know the road in sucks. I commend you guys again, for a job well done. See you next year. It was great shooting with you Lonnie on the pistol match, and on day 1, Wayne it was fun. I learned a couple new things. Cameron on day 2, it was a blast. See you guys again soon.

Respond to this message   
BillinOregon
(Login BillinOregon)
YF12

Wow, what a great venue.

June 13 2017, 10:16 AM 

Just spotted the initial match announcement. What a great location! Maybe someday ..
Wayne, about 7 1/2 hours from Ashland?

This message has been edited by BillinOregon on Jun 13, 2017 10:19 AM

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

Yes, Bill. It was just under 8 hours when you go up 95 to 140 thru Lakeview.

June 13 2017, 11:25 AM 

It was a very beautiful drive this time of year with the rivers full and hills & high desert all green. We even got snowed on both ways... wet and slushy... but snow none the less:-) It's a rough, but beautiful setting for a match... It all gets even better when you are around a bunch of folks that are so much fun and nice to be with!

It's also nice that it's a spot where one can get out the 45 long colt for a few rounds of fun too.

Hope to see ya soon down here in Ashland! Oregon St. is coming up.. July 21 to 23.

Wayne

Respond to this message   
BillinOregon
(Login BillinOregon)
YF12

See you in Ashland

June 13 2017, 3:31 PM 

Wayne, we are in escrow on a house in Ashland right now. I guess 40-plus years in the Rogue Valley was not enough. Unfortunately we will be unpacking smack dab on both ends of that shoot.

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

wow, that's great Bill. Whenever you can join the club is great nt.

June 14 2017, 5:42 PM 

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

Great shooting with you Bill. Those super steep uphill standing shots should be illegal:-)

June 13 2017, 11:38 AM 

Very few folks have a place to practice uphill 35 to 40 degree offhand shots:-). But Lonnie does it every year, so I guess I've gotta set up something somewhere to figure out a comfortable way to shoot those super steep uphill shots.

I really enjoyed visiting with you and hearing stories about the "blue blood" folks who serve us so well. It's a tough job with tough decisions to make all the time. Thanks for your service and risking your life for us citizens.

Yep, if ya learn something, we pass it on... that's what's so nice about the field target crowd, it's nice to win, but it's more fun to try with friends you can share AND compete with:-)

Too bad you can't make our shoot next month... but, See ya at the Nats!

Wayne

Respond to this message   

Lonnie Smith
(Login AirSmithCA)
YF

Count your blessings Wayne....LOL

June 13 2017, 5:56 PM 

You have property at home you can shoot on. I don't even have a place to practice past 10yds flat, let alone inclines or declines. The nearest gun range that will let me shoot off the ground instead of a bench is a 90 mile drive to Diablo.

I have some new ideas for next year but our steepest target this time was measured with an incline meter at 25-27 degrees.
"It doesn't get done til someone does it"

This message has been edited by AirSmithCA on Jun 13, 2017 6:01 PM

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

You are right Lonnie... we are blessed here to have two locations now to play on.

June 13 2017, 10:17 PM 

Maybe ya atta move on up here to Oregon ... or at least come visit more often:-)

We sure could switch our course around and have some steep uphill... along with the steep downhill we have already. Might be nice to have both.. Have to think about it:-)

You know you can't trust that new fangled electronic stuff... trust an old carpenter.. I know one:-) And don't forget you're two feet taller than me, so that changes the angle a bit as well:-)

Thanks again for hosting it... even with your injury! IT was a superb match in the wild, and I was so lucky to hold on when Chris shot so well on day two.

And super thanks to Jason for stepping up so large! You guys are the best!

See ya in Oregon!

Wayne

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.