<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

DIFTA Maryland State Field Target Championship Results for June 11, 2017, Damascus, MD

June 14 2017 at 11:49 AM
Jan Vandenberg  (Login batguano)
YF

Congratulations to the new Maryland State Field Target champions!<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Brian Van Liew

Open/PCP

Keith Knoblauch

WFTF/PCP

Ron Birnbaum

Hunter/Piston

Dan Nelson

Hunter/PCP

Paolo laid out a tricky 72-shot course for us across 12 lanes, with one kneeling and one offhand lane. Average difficulty for the course was 29.8T, with the most difficult target being 44T (1/2" @ 22yd on Lane 2). We had a decent breeze for much of the day, and some tricky lighting in several places, but we haven’t factored any of this into the course difficulty. Temps rose over 93F just as forecast, but we stayed reasonably comfy in the breeze and shade under the trees. Folks wearing shooting jackets may beg to differ on this!

Competition was very tough in Open/PCP, probably tougher through the match than the final scores suggest. Folks really had to be on their game all day to put in some of those awesome 90%+ scores! I’m surprised we made it through without any tiebreakers. I feel a little guilty we didn’t give Knobs the same white-knuckle rivalry in WFTF. Paolo shot the match with pellets and a hasty zero that he and his rifle had never seen before. Somebody had teased Dan Nelson about his fancy AA HFT500, so the Nelson boys decided to show up with CO2 peashooters, a vintage 1950’s Crosman in Dan’s case. Elijah would have easily taken the class win with junior scoring, but as always, he insisted on being scored as an adult. Aaron Birnbaum shot his first-ever FT match on a course peppered with 3/8” and 1/2” targets, and put in a terrific rookie result.

Shooter

Rifle

Scope

Pellet

Score/72

Division

Class

Dan Nelson

Crosman 113 1952

Weaver 4x

JSB 7.33

Hunter

PCP

Elijah Nelson

Crosman 180

BSA 2-9x40

RWS Superpoint

Hunter (Junior)

PCP

Ron Birnbaum

Walther LGV

UTG 3-12

AA 8.4

Hunter

Piston

Aaron Birnbaum

BAM B26

UTG 3-12

CPL

Hunter (Novice)

Piston

Brian Van Liew

FX400 FT

Nikko Diamond 10-50x60

AA 10.3

Open

PCP

Chris Corey

Steyr LG110

March X 8-80

AA 10.3

Open

PCP

Tinh Nguyen

AA ProTarget bullpup

Sightron 10-50x60

JSBH

Open

PCP

Dennis Todd

Steyr LG110

Sightron 10-50x60

JSB 10.34

Open

PCP

Al Otter

USFT #16

March X 8-80

CPH

Open

PCP

Skip Tenney

Steyr LG-110

Sightron 10-50x60

JSB 13.4 .177

Open

PCP

Dean Mihalovits

TM1000 .20

Sightron 10-50x60

JSB 13.73

Unlimited

PCP

Keith Knoblauch

Steyr LG110 FT

Leupold 35 Comp.

JSB 8.4

WFTF

PCP

Paolo Amedeo

Marauder XL

Leapers 8-32x56

H&N Sniper Light 7.5

WFTF

PCP

Jan Vandenberg

Marauder

Leapers 8-32x56

JSB 8.4

WFTF

PCP

Bobby Roberts

AA EV2

Tasco Custom Shop 10-50

JSB 10.34

WFTF

PCP

Thanks to everybody who braved the daunting heat, and especially those who drove long distances to join us. It was a pleasure shooting with all of you!

Our next matches are on July 29 and August 13. See the chapter calendar for the full schedule. See you next time!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ron
(Login rjbirnbaum)
YC

Thanks for a great match

June 14 2017, 12:17 PM 

Jan, I just wanted to thank you, Paolo, and the club for setting up a great match. It was a pleasure shooting with you in our group. You really made us feel welcomed. Aaron had a great time at his first match. We are both looking forward to the next chance to shoot at DIFTA.

Respond to this message   
John
(Login JohnG10)
YF

Nice to see some hunter piston shooters

June 14 2017, 10:41 PM 

Me and my R9 will try to make it to the July and August matches.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.