<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Bum bag - best place to get one and best fill material?

July 11 2017 at 2:57 PM
john  (Login JCarl)
YF12

I have alarge rear end. Let's just be real about it. So as I consider showing up to a match with what I have used in the past - boating floation cushions - it occurs to me that a proper bum bag filled with buck wheat shells is in order.... atleast thatis what I get the imperssion I should be using.

What reccomendations do you have and where etc?

Thank you for your help.

~GOD BLESS~

john

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Jeff P
(Login pad617)
YC

I like these custom bags from Spain and use granulated cork for fill...

July 11 2017, 3:24 PM 

Respond to this message   

HookEm
(Login HookEm)
YF

Hey Jeff, which grade (size) on the granulated cork, and much much of it?

July 12 2017, 6:52 PM 

I also use a standard-size bag from "Un Poco de Oxido".
Thanks,
HookEm

Respond to this message   

Jeff P
(Login pad617)
YC

Cork...

July 12 2017, 8:53 PM 

I've used the 1mm-2mm and the 6-14mm. Of course you use less of the larger nuggets to fill a bag. Its a personal preference thing. The smaller nuggets will result in a heavier bag and I feel its denser to sit on but may not be as easy to settle into as the larger nuggets. I now prefer the larger nuggets.

The minimum order of either of these is 2kg which is 4.4lbs and is enough to fill 2 bags I believe if not slightly more. My memory is failing me. Maybe ask them for a sample of each before you order.

I hope this helps.

Jeff P

This message has been edited by pad617 on Jul 12, 2017 8:55 PM

Respond to this message   

HookEm
(Login HookEm)
YF

OK, thanks! - /nt

July 13 2017, 5:24 PM 

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

John, do you remember the bag I used shooting with you at the Tenn 120?

July 11 2017, 3:45 PM 

It's from Airguns of Arizona. It is a Daystate bag. All cordura. I use the buckwheat hulls that I bought at Amazon.com....

The bag retails around $60 if they still carry them. Very well built quality as the name indicates. Their are probley less expensive ones out there. Try eBay...

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Just ckd, AOA still has them for $59.99 Made by Primal Gear

July 11 2017, 3:53 PM 

Respond to this message   
Jeff Cloud
(Login Cloud9AG)
YF12

I use the same bag with buckwheat hulls. Awesome.

July 11 2017, 8:14 PM 

Anyone that sits on it usually buys one like it.

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Airgunwerks (in the U.S.) sells bum bags

July 11 2017, 3:55 PM 

Google it with THAT spelling. The spelling seems foreign, but the company is owned by a Brit-American, residing in Tennessee. wink.gif

I prefer buckwheat hulls. Heavier than most other fillers, but superior for finding/fine-tuning comfortable, STABLE shooting positions. Again, Google can locate sources.

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Oh Geez David would kill me. Email is airgunwerkes@ Yahoo.com David Slade

July 11 2017, 7:28 PM 

He was selling some of the bum bags at the Cajun Classic. He was way less then other for them. He is in Tenn and shoot with the
Good Ol Boys club as well at his own club.

Respond to this message   
Ron Robinson
(Login compressive)
YC

Correction- only one "e" in airgunwerks. nt

July 12 2017, 2:51 PM 

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Opps, Thanks Ron.....

July 12 2017, 6:07 PM 

Respond to this message   
Sean M
(Login smcdaniel8190)
YF12

Sounds weird but...

July 11 2017, 4:32 PM 

Yoga Cushion w Buckwheat fill...
the buckwheat won't squish over time and the cost is less than what true "bum bags" cost -- $33 from Amazon.
Have had this one for about 5 years now and have had 0 problems and no compression.
Some people like the squishy, though, as it gives them a more stable seat. just something to think about.
https://www.amazon.com/Buckwheat-Therapeutic-Meditation-Ergonomic-Removable/dp/B01B8WS6QS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1499804840&sr=8-4&keywords=yoga+seat

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

I have one of those.

July 12 2017, 11:40 AM 

Awesome cushion.. but you'll need to take a lot of the hulls out to make it work better for FT...

Ive removed about 1/2 in the bag.... now its pliable and conforms to the bum well

Respond to this message   
Mark
(Login TwiceHorn)
YF12

I have this

July 15 2017, 10:10 PM 

It works well, but, fair warning, I am skinnyfat and have a small bum. It works well for me.

I thought I needed to remove some of the filling (there's an inner zippered bag inside the cover, as well as a "scrim" container within that). But, a few weeks/months of sitting on it have broken down the filling a bit to where I don't feel any need to remove anything.

There are some that are a little larger for those broader in the beam. https://www.amazon.com/Zafu-Crescent-Meditation-Buckwheat-Certified/dp/B00QUBJ1ZI/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1500170790&sr=8-14&keywords=yoga+cushion

We have a number of folks in the DFW area shooting hunter off a bag.

This message has been edited by TwiceHorn on Jul 15, 2017 10:11 PM

Respond to this message   
John in Ma
(Login jroh1)

Dont' forget RAW

July 11 2017, 8:51 PM 

Their bag is large, maybe even considered extra large. It forms around my bottom well. As for fill I use what it came with(mostly compressed now) and random sized cut up pieces of the shipping rings your pellets come in from PA. I can wiggle my way into a comfortable position and when I'm done the filling returns to form. I got the Idea from Leo G.

This message has been edited by jroh1 on Jul 11, 2017 8:51 PM

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

I also like the granulated cork. It's lighter and doesn't breakdown. I only fill

July 11 2017, 8:53 PM 

it to about 60 to 75% of it's capacity. I want to be able to use the edge of it only with about an inch or two of fill, when I want my butt lowered and/or my knee higher for uphill shots.

I've used that same cork supplier and the recylced stuff is just fine at $3.44 or whatever per pound. I bought some about 5 years ago and have worn out the bags, and just moved the cork into a new bag.. it's still holding up like new.

Wayne Burns
Ashland Air Rifle Range

Respond to this message   
Steve English
(Login senglish011)
YF12

Creedmore Sports also sells them.

July 11 2017, 9:32 PM 

I'm currently using the one that AoA sells filled with the granulated cork that Jeff mentioned earlier. I've thought about trying the buckwheat hulls after using Paul's bumbag in the pistol match at the Southern Open-thanks Paul! Just haven't ordered it yet 😬

Respond to this message   
john
(Login JCarl)
YF12

Most excellent! Thank you all for the responses and options...

July 12 2017, 9:42 AM 

I have limited access to the network so responses from me come at later than I would like to times...

That being said I am very excited to see and read the great information regarding the options for a BUM bag etc..

My birthday is coming up - 48 years - so I will give the links to my wife and request one as a bday gift!

I am really excited to get out and shoot with those of you who are in the area. We should know by the end of this week about my travel schedule for work through the end of October. Looks like some matches I will be able to attend. Very exciting.

Let it be said that I do not yet know how to click up down etc. I understand the concept, however, I do not practice it. My scope should be able to handle it - just don't know if my brain can happy.gif

So I most likely will use hold over/under/off for windage and elevation adjustments until I get a better feel of the flow of a match. I do like scoring, however, I don't expect to win. I might even wear my team t-shirt!

~GOD BLESS~

john

Respond to this message   
RON JOBBES
(Login rj222)
YC

I LOVE THE

July 12 2017, 8:15 PM 

The bean bag I found 16 years ago in a dumpster.
mixed styrofoam beads and open cell foam ,
really light , need to season the bag fill and then top off.
good for 6~10 months then add about 2 handsfull.
I fill to the max...about the lightest bum bag I have seen. want luck

I had a custom bag made in Spain , SEE WEBSITE IN THIS THREAD
"A woulda got a higher score if I hadn't missed so many"

Ron @ CASA

Respond to this message   

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.