<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

When a FT shoot starts at 9:am, rather than 10:00, how early are

August 12 2017 at 1:35 PM
Don Armstrong  (Login doninva1)
YF12

you willing to get up. I realize why matches are started at 9:00 AM in the summer, to try to miss as much heat as possible. I have found if I have to drive over 3 hours to a shoot, getting up at 4:30 AM, I lose concentration about half way through a shoot and have a hard time staying awake on the trip home. I am sure some of it is the heat but it's just not fun when you are wore out. I have decided to skip the shoots that I have to get up before 5:30 AM till they start shooting at 10:00 again. I could get a room close to the shoots but a one day shoot doesn't warrant the expense. Am I just an old guy or is this common. Thanks, Don

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Chris Corey
(Login NCairgunner)
YF12

When we had matches at Chris B's

August 12 2017, 10:20 PM 

I would leave the house @ 3:00AM, stop for breakfast @ IHOP in Rocky Mount, and that would put me at Chris's about 7:30AM. His house is a 4 hr ride. When I shoot @ DIFTA, I leave about 4:00AM. Stopping for breakfast puts me there about 8:30AM. But I get up everyday for work about 2:30AM anyway. Heck I got up @ 1:00AM and left @ 2:00AM to go shoot at Mike Harris's course in PA last Sunday and drove back the same day. Lol! Maybe I'm crazy. . Go figure. Lol

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

And for me it was out the door at 3:30 AM for Chris Berry's arr at 7:30 and fiot

August 13 2017, 10:51 AM 

the Mike Harris match in PA, I left my house at 11:30 pm Thursday, to meet Chris at his house at 1:45 AM Friday morn.

Guess we are die hards Chris! Lol

Respond to this message   
Raymond Hawkins
(Select Login rhawk1)
YF12

Ben Missing You

August 12 2017, 11:14 PM 

Hey Don,
It was really hot today and extremely muggy. Its just that time of year and not sure there's an answer for dealing with such heat. Starting earlier rather than later seems to be the norm. Schedules are changing across the country to avoid the hottest times of the day. I remember the discussion coming up at a match in April or May and those present voted on it. Traveling from Lexington to Raleigh is about a two hour drive for me but I choose to get up earlier and stop along the way while taking my time. It's about an hour to Gerald's club (Central Carolina Gun Club). Registration is open now and the match is next week. Maybe that will work better for you. Hope to see you soon.

Raymond Hawkins

This message has been edited by rhawk1 on Aug 12, 2017 11:15 PM

Respond to this message   
Don Armstrong
(Login doninva1)
YF12

Raymond, Gearld's club is a little ove two hours so I will be there

August 13 2017, 12:50 PM 

That drive is just right for me. I can get up at a decent time and have a good day without fighting sleep. I thought I was a die hard FT shooter like Chris and Paul but I must be a big puss. I like to relax and enjoy my day instead of feeling like I'm at work LOL. Thanks, Don

Respond to this message   
Raymond Hawkins
(Select Login rhawk1)
YF12

Glad You Will Be There

August 13 2017, 10:49 PM 

Don,
It's great that we have several opportunities to shoot different venues here in North Carolina. I'm like you and would love to do more but have to pick and choose what's best for me and mine. Instead rushing off after the match perhaps someone could suggest a nice restaurant where we could all meet for a little lunch. That to me makes for a better ride home and a good way to end a day of shooting with friends.

Raymond Hawkins

Respond to this message   
Chris Corey
(Login NCairgunner)
YF12

Don, I don't blame you one bit

August 14 2017, 7:10 PM 

My location requires me to drive long hours to shoot FT. Until we started the TCRC course the closest matches were Chris B's & DIFTA. Both are 4 hr drives. TCRC is still 40 minutes from my house. If we keep shooting at the Ball Farm outside Raleigh, that's only a little over 1 1/2 hrs. for me. Gerald is 2 1/2 hrs so that's not a bad ride.It would be nice to get a match going in Virginia. That would be another reasonably close match to make.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.