<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

FT Match 9.2.17 Heflin, Alabama

August 30 2017 at 11:48 PM

Paul Oswalt  (Login libertyman777)
YF

Hey All,

We're back on schedule. From here on out our regular FT matches will be on the first Saturday of the month and UKAHFT Matches will be 4 Saturday.

If you have a scheduling conflict, you're welcome to shoot either or, I should be able to support both once things are finalized on the course. We will be sharing some lanes but this cannot be avoided.

See y'all Saturday.

Paul

Now for the next item of business. We are looking at holding our first Long Range Airgun Hunting Match in November. This is a bit of a work in progress but right now we're looking at three courses of fire. One stage will be an accuracy stage with FT style targets. The second stage will be a speed stage with silhouettes and the third stage will be engaging various size targets at various distances.

I will be preparing a set of rules and course guidelines. Right now there will be two classes, Under 50 fpe and 50 fpe and over. Shooters will be in two man teams so spotting will be as important as shooting. There will also be a high shooter awarded per class.

All targets will be reactive in some way. This should be a lot of fun. If you have friends that own big bore airguns, be sure to tell them about this.

All courses of fire shot at the sight in area will be fired from either the bench or prone position. Any support can be used. Rifles can be shot from any position unless a forced standing, kneeling or supported standing or supported kneeling are placarded at the shooting position. Any equipment can be used to support the rifle but all equipment must be carried by the team throughout the course. No staging of gear on the course. My recommendation would be that rifles should be fired from the prone off of a bipod with the heaviest items be carried would be a shared air supply.

I've been looking forward to something like this for a long time. I think it's gonna be a blast!!

Paul
So, I'm airgun po.......e

This message has been edited by libertyman777 on Aug 30, 2017 11:49 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.