<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Results for GOB match 9/9/17

September 12 2017 at 5:50 PM
FireMarshal  (Login FireMarshal)
YC

Match report for the Good Ole Boy’s on Sept. 9, 2017

We had a beautiful day on Saturday for FT in middle Tennessee. A few clouds and a little wind here and there. Best of all, no rain and the temperature was perfect. There were 9 shooters and a couple of visitors that tried a couple of lanes on the White course and didn’t compete the whole course, but I hope they were impressed and decide to come back. We are always looking for new shooters.

Roz Sumpter was top overall shooter today and also in the Open class with a score of 51/60. He only had 1 bad lane and it was the combination off hand/knelling lane. Cliff Smith was right behind with a score of 49/60 with Jeff Hale 1 point behind him. Jeff has steadily eased up towards the top in this class.

I’ve been gone for a few weeks with eye problems and have really missed not being able to make it to Roz’s Hollow. Not completely back to normal, but it’s improving and it’s the left eye, so I can make do since I am right handed and eyed. Guess that’s proper terminology or about as good as I can do. I got to pair up with David Slade and Steve Vines, always a lot of fun. I do want to let all the GOB’ers know how much I appreciated the plaque they gave me Saturday. It means more to me than any trophy I might win shooting. Just having the opportunity to spend some time in the pines with all of you means a lot to me.

We’ve been missing several of our competitors over the last few weeks and look forward seeing them back soon.

Haven’t heard where the state match will be held this year. It will be at either Minor Hill, TN or Roz’s Hollow in Pulaski, TN. It is scheduled to be on November 18, 2017.

Match results:

WFTF class-
1. 46/60-David Slade/Styer LG110/Nikko 10-50/JSB 8.4

Piston class-
1. 39/60 Steve Vines/TX200/B&L 6-24/JSB 7.9

Hunter class-
1. 19/60 Brent Browning/R-1/Leapers/JSB 8.4

Open class-
1. 51/60 Roz Sumpter/TM1000/Sightron 10-50/AA 8.4
2. 49/60 Cliff Smith/TM1000/B&L 8-32/AA 8.4
3. 48/60 Jeff Hale/HM1000/Aeon 8-40/AA 10.3
4. 40/60 Mike Wright/HM1000/B&L 8-32/JSB 13.4
5. 37/60 Jim Baumann/Marauder/B&L 8-32/AA 10.3
6. 35/60 Pat O’Brien/TM1000/Nikko 10-50/JSB 10.3

The next match in this area will be in Minor Hill, TN at David’s place on the 4th Saturday of the month.

Hope you can make it,

Pat

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

I've said it before & I'll say it again -

September 12 2017, 7:38 PM 

Paddyo you're a Daddy'O!!

You're a great ambassador of FT, and just want to thank you again for all you do for our club and our sport!

- and the rides to!!

Respond to this message   
FireMarshal
(Login FireMarshal)
YC

Re: I've said it before & I'll say it again -

September 12 2017, 8:24 PM 

Hey Steve,
I found something of yours left in the truck. Hope to see you in 2 weeks.
Pat

Respond to this message   
Ray B.
(Login kidpellet)
YF12

Re: Results for GOB match 9/9/17

September 12 2017, 9:46 PM 

I am sick I had to miss this match Pat, I was really looking forward to being there when the guys gave you the plaque. The 1 year old and the 5 year old came down with strep. Alex and I are fine but I couldn't take the chance of exposing everyone. Sure wish I could have been there to see it. Maybe I'll see you all in two weeks!

Respond to this message   
Cliff
(Login cliffsmith79)
YF

Pat's award

September 12 2017, 11:17 PM 

It was the GOB club’s honor to present Pat O’Brien with a special recognition award prior to our match this past Saturday, 11/9/17.
Pat has been a continuing asset to the Good Ole Boys’ Field Target club. Pat, frequently the first on site in spite of a 100 mile drive, is always ready to volunteer for whatever needs doing. Setting out sight in targets; running reset cord for match targets; squadding; tallying scores; creating and posting match reports; Pat does it all. And always cheerful and with a ready smile and helpful hand greeting members and visitors. Pat is what makes our sport worth participating in.

Respond to this message   
Danny
(Login wx4p)
YF12

Pat's Award (PICS)

September 13 2017, 7:50 AM 

Sorry I missed the presentation Pat, can't think of anyone more deserving! We appreciate you and all you do.

Here's the pic's, hopefully...

award

pat

This message has been edited by wx4p on Sep 13, 2017 7:54 AM

Respond to this message   

Paul D Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Congrats Pat, I must say after shooting together in the last Tenn 120 that

September 13 2017, 6:27 PM 

You were a great guy. See you next season on the GP Trail.... An award well deserved!

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Amen! Pat is a dedicated trooper! .................

September 15 2017, 10:05 PM 

Wish I had a member like him in my club. Two or three would be even better:>)

Respond to this message   
Chris Corey
(Login NCairgunner)
YF12

Congratuations Pat !!! N/T

September 13 2017, 6:10 PM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.