https://photos.app.goo.gl/jkul3nsX1LVPs6QC3

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Brazos
(Login Brazos2)
YF12

Great Job

September 29 2017, 10:19 PM 

You did a great job Jeff (& the whole ASC crew: Chris, Scott, Brad, & Terry). It was a well run match. 144 shots (rifle & pistol) and I only heard one cold line all weekend and heard of no protest. All the targets were very reasonable. Though I missed plenty there were hardly any targets I did not feel I couldn't make. There was a lot of fun people and a lot of laughs up and down the line. I really enjoyed the weekend and wish we could do it again next weekend. I was lucky enough to win an award and they were very nice.

I think the most fun I had was the pistol match. It's not something I have fooled with much. I had a great time shooting PFT with Mike Vredenburg and got to watching what he was doing and figured some things out. I hated for it to end as I was getting the hang of it.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Craig

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Great Match Report. So delighted to see...

September 29 2017, 10:20 PM 

So delighted to see four brave souls venture to TX to join us cowpie-kickers for our GP weekend...

Ron Brown, from Luthersville, Georgia
Phil Eakley, from Chicago, IL
Mike Schultz, from Westfork, AR
Bill Liebke, from Bunke, LA

It was my pleasure to be squaded with Ron, Phil and Mike at some point during the weekend. (I can shoot with Billy Dick anytime, hehe). And delighted to meet your wife, too, Ron.

Thankfully it got only into the mid 90s both days.

I especially liked the split in the rifle match, 44 shots day one and 60 on day two. The shorter Saturday rifle match allowed the pistol match to be held afterwards before it got too hot. This (2-day) balance was excellent! And because it didn't require an extra day (typically Friday) for pistol, I think it increased participation in the pistol match, which is always good. Other clubs should think about this format themselves.

Great come from behind rifle match, Terry! Congrats!

Excellent match and thanks for your efforts, Jeff, CJ, Scott, Brad, & Terry.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Sep 30, 2017 9:15 AM

Respond to this message   
Kevin E.
(Login TXWobble)
YF12

+1 on what Bob and Craig said

September 29 2017, 11:22 PM 

Very well designed and executed match. You and your crew did an excellent job and deserve all the kudos. I think everyone had a blast and I enjoyed myself greatly. Awesome job, Terry! That Steyr performed flawlessly as did you. Congrats to all winners and thanks to all attendees. Looking forward to next year.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Excellent match report Jeff .........................

September 30 2017, 8:21 AM 

Looked to me like a great match with some awesome shooters. It don't get any better than that! Thanks for helping our buddy Matt. He is a pretty decent "real" off hand shooter with that little pistol.

Respond to this message   
Jerry
(Login JCTX)
YF12

hello, Texas friends

September 30 2017, 8:30 AM 

Wish I had been there (it's a 15 hour drive) with my FT friends. Glad it went well!

Congratulations to Terry, Bob and all!

Come out my way!

Jerry

Respond to this message   
Brazos
(Login Brazos2)
YF12

Re: hello, Texas friends

October 1 2017, 8:23 PM 

Miss not having you around Jerry. Maybe next year we should combine the TX airgun show with the RoT.

Respond to this message   
TV
(Login TerryVanpool)
YC

I think...

October 1 2017, 9:58 PM 

that is a good idea. Probably increase attendance at both events.
Charter member of Over The Hill Gang

Respond to this message   
Brazos
(Login Brazos2)
YF12

Re: I think...

October 2 2017, 7:11 PM 

Kind of what I was thinking. It would surely give us a bunch of exposure. Instead of putting on an FT demo they can stop by and see what it is really all about.

Respond to this message   
Jeff Cloud
(Login Cloud9AG)
YF12

I think that is an excellent idea.

October 3 2017, 11:37 PM 

Craig, you are welcome to host the RoT at the ASC during the Airgun Show next year. Glad you proposed this.

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Great report , wanted to make this one but could not get a fellow FT shooter to

September 30 2017, 8:17 PM 

share the 17.5 hour drive... Maby next season...

Respond to this message   
Phil
(Login Ldog1012)
YF12

Make the trip

October 3 2017, 8:58 PM 

Hey Paul, next year make the match. Good hotels and food nearby. Take two days, enjoy the trip, I did 🤠

Respond to this message   
Phil
(Login Ldog1012)
YF12

ROT

October 3 2017, 8:51 PM 

Hey Jeff, great match! Really glad I made the trip. Yea, I know, over 15 hours from Chicago. Many would say I was nuts. But This was my second favorite GP match(gonna be tough to beat the southern open) Great weather, great course set up, fewest target delays. Great bunch of guys! What more could a guy ask for?? Oh yeah, great food also. If I had one complaint, that towers gotta go😀 Lol, really great use of the course. If I'm able to travel next year, I'll be back! Guys, put this one on your list for next year, you won't be sorry.

Respond to this message   
Jeff Cloud
(Login Cloud9AG)
YF12

Thanks for all the kind words and such...

October 3 2017, 11:35 PM 

All of us at ASC are thankful the match went off so well and glad that everyone had a good time.

Just for future reference, that tower will forever be "standing", because I get the most comments about it. That thing makes our course unique.

Jeff Cloud
ASC Co-Match Director

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.