<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Anyone know where to buy a comma pointer?

October 2 2017 at 8:18 PM
Bill Day  (Login dayjd2)
YF12

I purchased one from this forum a year or so ago but can't remember who made it for me. It was printed from one of those plastic printers. Rowan doesn't appear to have them and I didn't see any on Eric sanders site. I was thinking they may come with the comma but apparently that isn't the case.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
FireMarshal
(Login FireMarshal)
YC

Re: Anyone know where to buy a comma pointer?

October 2 2017, 11:01 PM 

Bill,

I got one from Eric sanders at Scope Werks.

Pat

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Bill, it was most likely Daniel Rodriguez who you bought the 3D printed one from. He

October 3 2017, 5:44 AM 

is out if Air gunning now. I suggest you call Eric Sanders at Scope Werkes. Or email him about one.

You can also make one from a thin piece of aluminum and put it between the rear scope rings. Clamping it down in-between the top and bottom. A simple "T" shape is all you need. I have done this before I got one from Daniel. Works fine....

Respond to this message   

Leo G in CT
(Login gonzav71)
YF12

Maestro Design in the UK

October 3 2017, 7:09 AM 

Bill,

I also bought a pointer from Daniel. I wanted to buy another and found the linear pointer.
I think Daniel copied their design and made some improvements.
Here is the link
https://www.maestro-design.co.uk/product/smartpin-linear-pointer/?at
Approximately $53 converted from British pounds.

Regards,
Leo

This message has been edited by gonzav71 on Oct 3, 2017 7:19 AM

Respond to this message   

Jeff P
(Login pad617)
YC

Bill Rabbitt makes them...

October 3 2017, 12:39 PM 

bill.rabbitt@gmail.com

Respond to this message   
FireMarshal
(Login FireMarshal)
YC

Re: Bill Rabbitt makes them...

October 3 2017, 3:07 PM 

Bill Rabbitt does make some nice pieces I recently got a scope wheel from him that works really good.

Pat

Respond to this message   
Bill Day
(Login dayjd2)
YF12

Thanks Gentlemen for the info ................

October 3 2017, 4:50 PM 

I greatly appreciate it. John Erol had a extra one like the one I ready have so I'm am going to purchase it from him. The FT forum is a excellent source to find answers for our Airgun questions. I'm surprised Eric is not advertising his pointers. The Comma I just purchased was from Eric and I searched his web site for them before I enquired here. Again, Thanks!

This message has been edited by dayjd2 on Oct 3, 2017 4:51 PM

Respond to this message   
Eric Sanders
(Login Eric_Sanders)
YF12

Sorry for the trouble finding them..

October 7 2017, 9:54 AM 

I have a section dedicated to pointers on my website. They are universal as they can be used both for comma/eccentric wheels as well as round wheels and turrets. The taller, (.390" from tube to pointer), is normally what is used.
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Larry Pirrone
(Login LPIRRONE)
YF

I boughty a cheap set of auto feeler gages

October 4 2017, 11:18 AM 

selected the right thickness and clamped in the rear scope ring. works fine. I cut it to shape on a bench grinder and use gun blue to make it black and filed the edge so he edge is bright. It is important to get the thickness right for obvious reasons. You will have to cut screw releife indents in the edge that goes agains the mount screws to get it ti "nest" properly.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.