<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

"Hawk Valley" Match Results for PA State Match 9-24-17

October 2 2017 at 11:02 PM
Tina Larrimore  (Login tlarrimore24)
YF12

We thank all 24 brave shooters who took the "Hawk Valley" challenge on the 24th. We had 13 first timers at our match. Our biggest class was Hunter Piston. Nine shooters in h-piston. Greg Shirhall took 1st. Eric Brewer 2nd, Kevin Kunkle 3rd. Paul Manktelow took 4th and Sean McDaniel 5th. Three trophies and two prizes for hunter piston.

Our next big class was Open PCP with Brian Van Liew taking a super 1st place only dropping seven shots. That's unheard of at "Hawk Valley". But history has been made. Mike Norris grabbed 2nd with a decent performance. Al Otter took third, Dennis Todd 4th and Stan Lipinsky took 5th.

Next, Hunter PCP - Doug Bruestle, who is a DEL CO regular took 1st. Tom Ryan, who has been consistent, took 2nd and Paul Varney took 3rd.

Great job to our WFTF PCP class. Keith Knobs, second high score of the match, took 1st. Tom Holland took 2nd and Rich Bassett the Falls TWP mastermind took 3rd. All trophy winners. WE had only two in WFTF Piston, but both are known heavyweights. Leo Gonzales took 1st and Nathan Thomas took 2nd by the way of tie score.

Unlimited has two, yes two well know veterans. Craig Evans took 1st and Fred Mantis took 2nd.

The PA State Champion for 2017 is Brian Van Liew. Brian really hit the course with an "iron fist" this time. In my opinion the elite ones know when and how to peak. Many more to you Brian. Also, Brian was the first to register for the match and has attended all of our matches this season. Congratulations Brian!!!!!

This event took a lot of prep and work. I want to thank Mala R. for all her work. She makes the scorecards, set up and designs. A thank you to Tom Ryans wife who helped us set up. Thanks to Tina L. and Dennis Todd, our Maryland couple. Tina does all of our forum listings. And they both treated all of us to BBQ hamburgers and Hot Dogs.

Again thanks to all who supported this vent. Hopefully it will be equally memorable for each one of us.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Mike Norris
(Login RangerMike)
YF12

Re: "Hawk Valley" Match Results for PA State Match 9-24-17

October 3 2017, 8:51 AM 

Mike and all who helped
Thanks for the great match. Everyone put in a lot of work and it is appreciated. Good to see all my FT friends. (Very impresses)
Mike norris

Respond to this message   

Paul Porch
(Login paulporch)
YF12

Wow, nice turnout! Now I am sad I did not make the Long drive! Congrats

October 4 2017, 6:51 AM 

To all shooters... It looked like old home week, with all my friends from the Crosman showing up...! Congratulations to Mike Harris for getting the Club built and running in such a short time.

This proves the Field Of Dreams quote, "Build it and they will come"!

Respond to this message   

Greg
(Login isledweller)
YC

Thanks............

October 4 2017, 7:52 AM 

Mike, Mala, Tina, Dennis, Tom, Eileen........and anyone else I missed...........THANKS for a Great match and great day!!! It was well worth the trip down from NY!! Hopefully we'll see you all again before the season ends!

A nice day except the heat was a little more than I liked, but there's nothing we match directors can do about that! There was also that little tricky breeze that appeared out of nowhere that made us lower power shooters pay attention!!! Thanks again for for a GREAT MATCH!!!

Here is a picture of the scoreboard I took for those that are curious:

[urlhttps://imgur.com/lhMC8Th][img][linked image][/img][/url]

Respond to this message   

Carl O. Johnson III
(Login Pigzpellet)
YF

Hats off to Mike Harris !

October 4 2017, 8:40 PM 

Mike,
What an awesome job you've done converting the club to AAFTA ! Wish I could have joined everyone more often this year but without a doubt Mike is a first class gentlemen that has taken this club to the next level. Congrats to all the competitors and thanks Mike for always reaching out and giving 100% to make things happpen at Delco.
"Thumper2"

Respond to this message   

Tom Wade
(Login tom2009)
AR&P

Great match

October 5 2017, 6:18 AM 

the varying terrain is s treat to shoot and the match is well worth the trip
Live Simply
ESCAA
Eastern Suffolk competitive Airguners Association.
email: escaaclub@gmail.com

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.