<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

September UKAHFT Match Report Heflin, AL

October 3 2017 at 7:46 PM

Paul Oswalt   (Login libertyman777)
YF

Hey all,

Just wanted to give a quick match report. Only had three shooters this month but we still had fun and are continuing to learn how this game works. I'm going to soon post an update and what is happening and how we are progressing thus far.

I toughened it up a good bit. Stretched out some distance shots and dropped KZ sizes on some lanes. Made for a tough match.

12 fpe PCP
Paul Oswalt 46/60
Mike Loar 28/60

Recoiling (over 12 fpe)
Gabe Sallusti 39/60

It is notable that both Gabe and Mike shot most of the course kneeling.

Thanks,

Paul

So, I'm airgun po.......e

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Casey in Atown
(Login SDplinker)
YF12

What scopes are working out for y'all?

October 4 2017, 6:19 PM 

Respond to this message   

Paul Oswalt
(Login libertyman777)
YF

Scope selection and some other musings.

October 4 2017, 10:48 PM 

Hey Casey,

Mostly mil dot, mil hash, bdc reticles, etc. Just like AAFTA hunter. What has been experimented with the most has been both power setting and parallax settings since these have to remain static throughout the match.

I'm running a 1/2 mil hash, fixed 10x with the parallax set at 35 yards or so. 40 is only slightly our of focus and 45 is quiet noticeable. Up front, i start blurring at 15 yards and it gets worse the closer you get. Like anything else though, with time and practice I'm getting pretty good at judging the distances. Most guys are around the same. Some at 6x-8x. I don't think anyone has shot above 12x. I'm planning on changing scopes to a variable and when I do, I'm going to look at perhaps dropping power a bit and playing with the parallax. I would like to be clearer a little closer with changing what is working at the longer distances. It's a balancing act, kinda like adjusting a carburetor. happy.gif

As per the rules, you can't have a target smaller than 15 mm closer than 13 yards. This helps with the up close ranging error.

15-19mm Hit zone Targets from 13-25yds.

 20-24mm Hit zone Targets from 8-30yds.

 25-34mm Hit zone Targets from 8-40yds.

 35-45mm Hit zone Targets from 8-45yds.

Right now, we are limited to 3 KZ sizes at the club. .75" (19mm), 1" (25.4mm) and 1.5" (38.1") mm. I'm going to drill out a couple of my 1/2" reducers for some 15mm kills.

I've upped the difficulty as I'm learning how to set this up. 1" at 40 yards is no joke when you're estimating range with either your reticle or Mk 1 eyeball.

Right now we are shooting 15 targets, two shots per target. I was 21/30 which is 70% on the first shots. Followup shots went up to 25/30 for 83%. So based on this, I'm looking at my first shot scores to gauge difficulty. I think we are where we need to be for the time being. Time to grow and learn a bit.

P
So, I'm airgun po.......e

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.