<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Are there any field target events in Washington state?

October 5 2017 at 4:15 PM
Mitch  (Login mitchwa)
YF12

Hi , I have been watching u tube videos on field target. It looks like a lot of fun! I have a hw80 with a new hawk scope and would like to try field target. Are there any clubs in wa? Thanks Mitch

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

Hi Mitch, yes there is one club in Tacoma, that mostly shoots bench rest, but

October 6 2017, 12:03 PM 

they also shoot field target. Great bunch of folks there!

Call JD Dodge

253- 301- one nine zero one

We also have a club that shoots almost every weekend year round here in Southern Oregon... Ashland. We also offer lessons by appointment, and have equipment you can try out before you buy... if you decide to upgrade from the HW80. We have a course that is "Piston Friendly" to learn the game on as well.

If you can make it down for a weekend or a few days anytime, then call or email me

Wayne Burns,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

541-531- six nine two six

or wayne at airgunoregon.com
(change "at" to "@" and no spaces)

Respond to this message   
Mitch
(Login mitchwa)
YF12

Re: Hi Mitch, yes there is one club in Tacoma, that mostly shoots bench rest, but

October 6 2017, 2:59 PM 

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! I am thinking of getting a aa s500 and trying this sport, looks like a lot of fun!

Respond to this message   
Wayne Burns
(Login WayneBurns)
YF12

Mitch, can't go wrong with an Air Arms... but maybe you want to go used.. there is an

October 6 2017, 10:10 PM 

AAs400 that has a great FT stock and been tuned for less than the price of a new AAs500. It was listed not long ago and the seller is a great guy you can trust. You do want a single shot version for FT.. the AA400 or AA500 are single shot versions... the 410 and 510 are 10 shot magazines and not as good for FT, but acceptable if you want to hunt with them too.

I have a Falcon single shot that is like the Air Arms you can try before you buy too.

Again, welcome to the sport! here is the link to that AAS400 with great FT stock
http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/message/1506395041/For+Sale+-+Like+New+AA+S400+FT++with+extras.+CHEAP+%21

Wayne

This message has been edited by WayneBurns on Oct 6, 2017 10:14 PM

Respond to this message   

Bob D.
(Login MB-BOB)
YF

Mitch, I suggest you attend one of Wayne's matches...

October 7 2017, 9:20 AM 

Take along an air rifle if you want. But I think it better to ask Wayne to arrange to squad you with an experienced shooter to show you the ropes and share his rifle (already set-up for FT).

Wayne has lots of contacts and resources to arrange this, so that you can learn the game while also knocking down some targets with a properly prepared airgun. Many clubs around the country prefer to do this with new shooters. (We have too may people attending their first match with an unprepared gun, who then run away disappointed, never to be seen again...)

There are many PCP rifles to buy, and an AA S500 is certainly among them. But attending a match and shooting with someone who is experienced will also expose you to other rifle options that will help you decide what you want, once you decide you're hooked on the game first.
[linked image]
www.DallasFTclub.org

This message has been edited by MB-BOB on Oct 7, 2017 9:23 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.