<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Match Directors offering beer and wings will

January 23 2018 at 6:00 PM
Terry E  (Login TleVta)
YF12

Definitely get more people interested in the sport of Field Target competition. Just sayin....

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
SteveV
(Login stevevines)
YC

Can't argue with your logic -

January 23 2018, 7:42 PM 

AAFTA, you listening?

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

What kind of beer? and what flavor wings?

January 24 2018, 1:36 PM 

love the idea though happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Mark Kauffman
(Login Mark_in_AZ)
YF12

Hey guys, this has been.....

January 24 2018, 4:01 PM 

...just casual get togethers after the match is over.....but still fun to do.

It doesn't matter if you are grabbing a burger, or a 7 course dinner, it is the camaraderie that is being promoted.

It happened to be a Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from the motel where we stayed that prompted the comment. We have had groups of 6 to 8 shooters get together anywhere from the Lumberyard to the Outback Steak house and everywhere in between. One year we had a large group converge on Mormon Lake Steak House, but larger groups tended to get a bit unwieldy, service not so good, and hard to talk from one end of the table to the other.

I am sure that most clubs have somewhere to congregate at after the matches. Currently we have been hitting a little place about 3 miles west of Ben Avery range that makes excellent burgers. Sitting around afterwards and chewing the fat about airguns is a great way to wind down rather than heading for home right away.

That being said, if any of you guys come to shoot with us, expect to get invited along after the match.

Cheers.
Mark

Respond to this message   
K
(Login Knobs)
YC

Yeah but.........

January 24 2018, 9:26 PM 

.......didn't he mean during the match?

Knobs

Respond to this message   
Mark Kauffman
(Login Mark_in_AZ)
YF12

That wouldn't work.....

January 24 2018, 11:07 PM 

....he'd just end up getting wing sauce and ranch dressing all over the stock of his gun....and belching after a brew or two would throw his aim off terribly....LOL

Respond to this message   

H├ęctor Medina
(Login HectorMedina)
YF

Don't know what would be worse

January 25 2018, 1:10 PM 

if the belching, or the rifling's reaction to BBQ sauce smeared pellets.

wink.gif

Keep well and shoot straight!

HM

Respond to this message   
Mark Kauffman
(Login Mark_in_AZ)
YF12

That might end up being......

January 25 2018, 8:53 PM 

.....a better pellet lube anyway.

I am guessing that it would have to be applied evenly around the whole pellet......LOL

MK

Respond to this message   
Chris Corey
(Login NCairgunner)
YF12

Their hospitality is second to none...

January 24 2018, 5:29 PM 

By the way it was Mango Habanero wings & Blue Moons to wash them down

This message has been edited by NCairgunner on Jan 24, 2018 5:31 PM

Respond to this message   
Mark Kauffman
(Login Mark_in_AZ)
YF12

Mine were.....

January 24 2018, 6:44 PM 

traditional hot with ranch and 2-3 Guinness.

Good stuff.

Don't let Chris steer you wrong; he had steam coming out of his ears.....LOL

Respond to this message   

dan_house
(Login dan_house)
YC

Ah great combo!

January 26 2018, 1:03 PM 

I gotta get down your guys's way for a match

Respond to this message   
Brazos
(Login Brazos2)
YF12

In Granbury we feed people

January 29 2018, 10:08 PM 

At my matches in Granbury, TX we have fed lunch after every match since our first match 4 years ago. We have a club member that is his mission in life to do this so why not. For the first few years we just grilled hot dogs which only cost around $25/match. The past year or so we upgraded to bratwurst which cost around $60/match. Since the matches end at lunch time I just think it is a good way to end things. We don't serve beer but we are a private club so once the match is over and the rifles are put away drink what you brought. I appreciate everyone driving a pretty good distance to come to my matches. It's makes me feel better if I can buy their lunch before sending them home.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

BKL MOUNTS - SECOND TO NONE.

On line trajectory calc by Brad Troyer MILDOTS

D I S C L A I M E R

JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information. Use of our forums by people under 18 years old is allowed only with legal guardian(s) present.

FORUM RULES BELOW

When you signed up you agreed to All N54 Rules. 1-No Flaming or name calling. No personal attacks, racial slurs, foul language, insults or trolling. This is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 2-Instigating with the purpose of drawing people into highly argumentative situations and wasting of bandwidth is cause for post deletion and/or banning. 3-Do NOT comment on Forum Moderation. It is what it is, live with it or leave. This is an immediate 30 day ban. 4-If you feel wronged email eagleaetos@yahoo.com 5- Keep this FT forum civil and behave in a socially acceptable manner. 6- The primary purpose of this FT forum is the discussion of field target; however, the buying and selling of field target gear and rifles is permitted between forum users pursuant to the same rules as the Yellow Classifieds and the user assumes all responsibility for the transaction. Non-sponsoring dealer sales are not allowed. To keep the forum clean of ads and pursuant to the intent of the FT forum, WTB and FS ads are subject to deletion by the forum moderator once they fall off of the first page.