CQ CQ CQ DE 9M6BRC

Kembali ke Index  

SEANET LATEST

May 30 2003 at 1:17 AM
9M6ST  (no login)
from IP address 219.92.249.229

Dear Members, attached latest SEANET News from MARTS.

Subject: SEANET UPDATE.
There has been a concern that due to SRS we should postpone the Seanet in Johor Baru. I had gone to Perth and met up with last years organizers and also got all the updates from the Malaysian Health Ministry.

There have just been 2 deaths of SARS in Malaysia and they were found very early when the outbreak started. The rest 8 of them were suspected but recovered and are discharged.

To date we have had no new cases for months except for the Singapore PR that was transferred to Malaysia.

My view is that SARS is here to stay and as all precautions are being taken here in Malaysia there is no real danger from SARS in Malaysia.

I will advice everyone to travel vial Kuala Lumpur and get a connecting flight to Johor Baru. It is easy to get a TAXI from the Airport to Eden Garden Hotel.

I would urge all SEANET MEMBERS to support the SEANET CONVENTION fully and we have had the backing of the Johor Government who will have a Dinner in your honor complete with the entertainment that you have been accustomed to over all these years.

I am sure I will get support from all the members and those from Perth will come in numbers to support the SEANET. I hope my friends from Madras and Thailand support in Large numbers and I have hope that some may come from Indonesia as well.

I hope the Japanese do come and support this and the fellowship that we all have once a year.

I will urge you all to stop worrying about SARS and if the situation does change, I will be the first person to cancel it.

The present situation can only IMPROVE day by day and I am sure come November this will be behind us.

It is strange that SARS deaths have only numbered less than 200 in South East Asia. Malaria claims 200000 thousand and Dengue another 100000. Yet we are not so concerned about Malaria and Dengue because they are not highlighted in the press and so do not concern us.

I hope to see all of you here in Malaysia this year and you can look forward to a great time my friends. Please forward this message to everyone that is not on my list.

Yours sincerely

Dr K.N.Singh
ORGANISING CHAIRMAN
9M2KN

Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
ATU YA 73's Cu Agn