Return to Index  

Looking Good

August 27 2010 at 11:44 PM
No score for this post
Rod Cairns  (Login rcairns)
from IP address 124.184.169.248

Response to Update 27/8/10 - Internal work and a new I/P

Nice Work Andrew,

I like the beefing up of the door pillars and the cabin lights.

A couple of observations for your Bushie at this stage if you aren't offended...

The seat staunchion poles weren't usually installed in a live gunship as they restrict the crewman/door gunners field of movement. They're only there to support the outer ends of the bench seats or to support medevac litters (the litter kit stretcher hooks clip onto those flat plates with the four keyholes in them). In the D/H Model, there is a centre one person seat with a single leg and then a two person seat either side. When configured as a gunship, the outer seats and staunchion poles were removed but the centre seat was usually retained.

You have the colours reversed on the cyclic and collective sticks, the boots were grey and the rest black. The twist grip throttles at the top of the collectives were sort of a hard dark brownish cork like material.

Stick with the grey instrument panel for the Bushie.

For some reason, just about every D/H kit around has a big square box like B/C/M style ADF Sense antenna molded on its bum aft of the rear skid crosstube. This is incorrect as there was a second 'hell hole' there on the D/H which was covered by a circular panel (I think that's it on your Fireball ASE PE set). The Sense antenna on the D/H was flush mounted on the belly forward of the hook hole and the UHD-DF 'washbowl' antenna was forward of that just behind the front skid crosstube. Now might be an easier time to get rid of the unwanted 'boxes' while the fuselages are still in halves?

Looking forward to seeing these finished, you're doing a great job so far!

Rod

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement