This is our current project. I have made the selection of all the P38 that we should build for our collection and this is the result:
1) F4-1-LO 41-2220 75 Sqn RAAF Ataipe NG late 1943
2) F4-1 (A55-1) - EX USAAF 41-2158) 1 PRU Coomalie Creek, NT. December 1942
3) F4-1 (A55-3) - EX USAAF 41-2122) 1 PRU Batchelor
4) Mk I AE978 Manufacturer's Factory in California 1942
5) Mk I AE979
6) Mk I AF106 AAEE Boscombe Down June 1942
7) P38F-13-LO Mk II AF221 Flight test Building 304 April 15, 1942
8) P38-J 44-23517 N° 5 Group, N°54 Base Coningsby After September 1944 Air Cdre Sharp's personal aircraft
We understand that by doing these 8 models the P38 used by the British and the RAAF are well represented.
My father has started to build the firt three models (RAAF ones).
Here are some photos