New Document New Document
Phil's Place : I'm Not Convinced!
Before You Post.. Read The Notice Below!

You Can Search Phil's Place For Topics!
Reply To The Ones That Interest You, They Will
Be Brought to the Top! If You Haven't Read It,
It's New To You!
Put Quote Marks Around Your Search Terms To Find A Specific Phrase
Uncheck To Search All of Google!

Return to Forum  

Re: Phil, see if this helps....

January 23 2006 at 5:12 AM

(Login PhilBarnes)
Forum Owner

Response to Phil, see if this helps....

Char>>Phil, see if this helps....

Well, it helps me see where you are coming from.

Quoting from the KJV, "Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.
Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Char>>This is where you can see how Christ fulfilled the Law AND the ProphetsÂ…. He completed (did) all that was written about Him, all the things that were foretold that He would do, He did do, this is the Prophets. Not only this but HE LOVED unconditionally and laid His life down for another, this Love fulfilled the Law.

Char, I don't believe that He has 'completed all that is written about Him, and all the things that were foretold that He would do... there are as yet, unfullfilled prophecies about Him in the OT. His sinnless life was His example to us, He lived a sinnless life by OBEYING the commandments and fulfilling the law.. Not that His life and death is supposed to be construed as Him having done it for us...we too must obey those commandments! They are not done away, nor are they 'laid aside'..

Quoting from the KJV, "Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
Gal 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Gal 5:15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Under the Law and obedient to the law, are two different things...

Blessings to you as well,
Phil

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
New Document
Site Meter

e-Sword Home