New Document New Document
Phil's Place : I'm Not Convinced!
Before You Post.. Read The Notice Below!

You Can Search Phil's Place For Topics!
Reply To The Ones That Interest You, They Will
Be Brought to the Top! If You Haven't Read It,
It's New To You!
Put Quote Marks Around Your Search Terms To Find A Specific Phrase
Uncheck To Search All of Google!

Return to Forum  

Re: What Time Is It?

April 28 2012 at 10:12 AM
Sandy  (Login AmConvinced)

Response to What Time Is It?

I did not read all of what the teaching said, as it is very lengthy.

But the scripture that kept coming to me constantly while reading there was the one that Jesus spoke to them and us, written in Mt. 24:

9: THEN SHALL THEY DELIVER YOU UP TO BE AFFLICTED, AND SHALL KILL YOU: AND YE SHALL BE HATED OF ALL NATIONS FOR MY NAME SAKE.

10: AND THEN SHALL MANY BE OFFENDED, AND SHALL BETRAY ONE ANOTHER, AND SHALL HATE ONE ANOTHER.

11: AND THAT MANY FALSE PROPHETS HALL ARISE AND DECEIVE MANY.

12: AND BECAUSE INIQUITY SHALL ABOUND, THE LOVE OF MANY SHALL WAX COLD.

13: BUT HE THAT SHALL ENDURE TO THE END, SHALL BE SAVED.

So what is the key there to be saved?

LOVE! Not our own love, but HIS. As HIS is pure and lasting, while ours is not. Our love is selfish and self centered. But Gods isn't. And therefore, you need to find the way to being filled and staying filled with HIS.

Is this not the same thing that Jesus told them bascially written in Matthew chapter 7, when he also said there be few that will find the way in Mt. 7:14. Then referring to the false prophets that would lead most astray instead. Many thinking they are ok because of walking in the gifts of the Spirit, yet their house or temple remains on the sand because of their not finding the way Jesus was talking about there also. What was He talking about there we are to find? The way to enter into walking in HIS love of course, so that we could withstand whatever comes our way at any time. And that is proven by what He also said there in those verses I gave written in Mt. chapter 24.

That is also what John and the others finally knew too. Except John wrote more about it than the others did.

Most think they already have love, which we all do. But do you have HIS love to sustain you when the time does come to stand? Because it is not the same as ours at all. And if you do have it, you also know the difference between yours and HIS. And if you don't, then you better be finding out why you do not have it yet, because the truth is, if you don't, your house or you are still sitting on the sand, instead of the rock.

Because that is what will sustain us to the end. Because those that walk in HIS love will be the ones that love God first, and their neighbors as themselves. Being able to do what it says we will be able to do written in Mt. 22:40.

Jesus said I am the way, the truth and the life. He id dnot say one thing there, but three. He was telling us that by following what He and his apostles said will provide us with the way into the truth that will provide us with that life. The way into walking in HIS love, not our own that will, at the end of the road provide us with that eternal life ultimately. Because it is love or agape, the ultimately covers all sin. And without it, we will in one or the other end up walking in hate instead. I refer you to what is written in Pr. 10:12, proving what I am saying here.

So often we as human beings, think it is knowledge that will save us. But no. In fact if that is what your seeking mostly, it could destroy you, unless you also, at the same time receive understanding from the Lord, as to what you do think you know, along with the wisdom to know what to do with it, after you do get the other two. But when knowledge alone is what we are after, that staning alone by itself will lead us right back to the other tree without the part that must come from God to us. Meaning you can have memorized the Bible from cover to cover. Yet all you have then is knowledge of what is written in it, until you get understanding of what it does say, along with the wisdom to know what to do with it after you do understand. And the three will lead you to God, who is love, and able to provide you with what He is by filling you up with it. And that is why those are the ones that will be saved.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Mt. 6:33
Love in HIM,
Sandy

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." by Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
New Document
Site Meter

e-Sword Home