New Document New Document
Phil's Place : I'm Not Convinced!
Before You Post.. Read The Notice Below!

You Can Search Phil's Place For Topics!
Reply To The Ones That Interest You, They Will
Be Brought to the Top! If You Haven't Read It,
It's New To You!
Put Quote Marks Around Your Search Terms To Find A Specific Phrase
Uncheck To Search All of Google!

Return to Forum  

Great Minds... once again!

June 3 2012 at 9:05 AM

(Login PhilBarnes)
Forum Owner

Great Minds Think Alike! Is that true? I recently posted a thread with that title... and a few responded... I'd like to say a bit more about that topic. You can respond if you wish.

The Mind of God the Father, and, the Mind of Christ... those are Great Minds!! And, they DO think alike!

They are not 'at odds' on any topic! Too bad that we can't say the same for many who claim the Name of Christ!

Too many are 'divided' over doctrine, and tradition and, well, many many things!

In the Book of Romans, Chapter 12... Paul says this:

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind...

and, this:

Rom 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another....

I asked the question, "How hard is that?" and, I guess it is just too hard to do, because, for the most part... none do that!

1Co_1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord
Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing...

Here, the apostle 'beseeched' the brethren, that they all speak the same thing!!

Tell me, can I 'assume' that is the 'will of God', or, just the will of the Apostle??

"... and that there be no divisions among you;"

Again, is this merely what Paul wanted? Or, are his writings here, reflecting the Will of God?

"but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and
in the same judgment."

On the off chance that these verses ARE reflecting the Will of God, how would you evaluate that situation? IS GOD'S WILL BEING DONE? Are those who profess to be Christians, actually DOING THIS?

What's this got to do with "God's Will"??

Well, back again to Romans 12:1

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

How does one 'present their body as a living sacrifice', without giving up something- without 'sacrificing' our own will, to do His will?

How can one reject conformity to this world, (which is almost totally 'anti-God')... How can one do that and have their minds 'renewed'??
How can one be 'transformed' and changed... CONVERTED from one thing to another... without doing what these scriptures say?

Do 'great minds think alike'? REALLY???

Does your mind, think like the Great Minds of The Father and His Son?

He states clearly,

Isa_55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Isa_55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

He says that's how it is.. but NOTICE:

What He does not say is, that our thoughts CAN'T BE converted to be like His thoughts! He does not say that His Ways can not be adopted by us, thus making them OUR ways as well!!

Friends, yielding to Him, obeying Him, and submitting to Him are the first steps to having one's mind renewed and transformed... changed and converted to enable one to actually ".. prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God"

For more on this, see this old thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/462204/thread/1334498648/Romans+12-2

I hope that you will think on, and consider these things today, and take them to God in prayer....

Your Friend,

Phil Barnes
Mat_6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

This message has been edited by PhilBarnes on Jun 3, 2012 9:15 AM

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
New Document
Site Meter

e-Sword Home