New Document New Document
Phil's Place : I'm Not Convinced!
Before You Post.. Read The Notice Below!

You Can Search Phil's Place For Topics!
Reply To The Ones That Interest You, They Will
Be Brought to the Top! If You Haven't Read It,
It's New To You!
Put Quote Marks Around Your Search Terms To Find A Specific Phrase
Uncheck To Search All of Google!

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

God is a God of Love

July 31 2012 at 6:24 AM

(Login PhilBarnes)
Forum Owner

And, LOVE is good...

As we read and post on these discussion boards, it's difficult not to be a little 'provoked' by what we read... the opinions of others often can often 'stir us up'... happy.gif That's why some like these boards so much, because they like to be 'stirred up'... they like the challenge of debate and the excitement of 'matching wits' with others... I get that... but, of course, I haven't set up this place as a board of debate... I just use it to post my beliefs and if someone wishes to comment, respectfully, that's ok... even if they disagree. What I believe and what I preach is very different from what the majority have been taught... it can 'provoke' them to make comments that are hostile... not because I desire to provoke anyone... but just because the devil doesn't want these truths shared with those he would like to deceive. These truths... yeah, I know, that sounds a little vain, but I don't intend it that way... I just know they are the truth and that they need to be shared and published... but, in the process, I often see how much 'love' is lacking...
Hostility and 'love' are not compatible.. provocation is not good... unless it provokes one to study and seek God and His truth.. Are you easily provoked? If so, I recommend the re-reading of this:

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
1Co 13:6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
1Co 13:7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
1Co 13:8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1Co 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
1Co 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Are you a Christian? Do you believe that God has shared His Spirit with you? Then, please remember that part above and don't let words or phrases cause you to be 'provoked'... Don't let what people say or think, cause you to 'think any evil'. God's LOVE is peaceful and soothing... God's LOVE is worth cultivating!

1Co 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

None of us 'know it all'...

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

None of us see, and understand all things clearly... but, the time is coming when we will! Til then, we have a fantastic opportunity to PRACTICE LOVE and emulate the Great God in His Character.

One great day, the alarm will sound, "The bridegroom cometh, and His BRIDE hath made herself ready"

What better way to get ready than to practice LOVE as it is described there in 1st Cor 13 ??

The devil wants us all to 'think the worst' of each other... don't let him have his way! Let us strive to love one another the way God intended...

In Christian Love
Phil

Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
Philippians 4:9 (KJV)

Phil Barnes
Phil's Place: I'm not convinced!
http://www.network54.com/Forum/462204/

This message has been edited by PhilBarnes on Jul 31, 2012 6:33 AM
This message has been edited by PhilBarnes on Jul 31, 2012 6:32 AM

Respond to this message   
Current Topic - God is a God of Love
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on ChristianityCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
New Document
Site Meter

e-Sword Home