SpringGunning

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

NEW R7 tune info page

October 12 2007 at 6:51 AM

Paul Watts  (Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
clive tollady
(Login cliveyt)
SpringGunning Customers

Re: NEW R7 tune info page

October 12 2007, 11:49 AM 

good well presented article, great pictures also.

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
(Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Re: NEW R7 tune info page

October 12 2007, 12:44 PM 

Yeah, I got tired of people asking. Most people assume tuning is just about getting rid of vibration. You start in on everything else and their eyes just glaze over. Pictures really are worth a thousand words. I had one guy saying I'd have to do hundreds of guns before I was qualified to comment on what is common, so I drug the bucket out and pilled all the seal up. I threw everything out two years ago so there has been 215 guns tuned since then. Go figure?? I thought it would be like fifty or sixty.

Paul

Respond to this message   
Tim null
(Login tnull)
SpringGunning Customers

Great article Paul

October 15 2007, 2:25 PM 

This is what I keep telling people on the forums when they say that the R7 doesn't need a tune. Except you say it better.....LOL

My dad got the bug this summer. He shot my R7 and R9, both custom guns from you. I kept telling him that he could not expect a stock gun to perform like these. I told him that these with custom stocks were in the $1,000.00 range. He agreed that they were worth it, but he didn't want to wait for his first gun. So he ordered an Evolution .20 instead. He still eventually wants a fully tuned R7 like mine, but it will have to wait a little while.

Everyone who shoots my R7 wants one........LOL I am surprised that your R7 is still not sold. If people shot it first it would be gone already.

It is the perfect light power gun. So smooth and looks great to boot.

Thanks again Paul. I hope business is good and the family is doing well.

I'll keep singing your praises and the need for tuning the R7 to make it just right.

[IMG][/IMG]
RX2, R9 and R7.

Paul did the R7 and R9 fully custom, did the stock on the RX2 with a barrel shortening and recrown.

TimN

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Re: Great article Paul

October 16 2007, 6:19 AM 

It's nice when my work winds up in a good home

Thanks for the plug for my work. I knew something was up when I started getting a bunch of calls about it. Usually when that happens it means there's a thread somewhere. I did a little poking around and noticed it was becoming a common thread on a few of the boards. I really do appreciate you posting. It's a lot easier to sit back and not get involved when people that don't know what they're talking about takes point on a thread Honestly that's why I put up the page rather than posting.

Many Many thanks!

Paul

Respond to this message   
Tim null
(Login tnull)
SpringGunning Customers

You are more than welcome

October 16 2007, 9:11 PM 

I can't just sit back and let misinformation be spread. I was a newbie once, and you rely on the information you get on the forums.

Luckily I ran into JonB. We both agree on the value of an expert tune, usually yours. (I have only had one other person tune a springer for me and you know how that turned out. Maccari spring....right!)

"Oh yeah, tunes are a waste of time.....just shoot it until it wears in"

What a bunch of crap!

Just doesn't make any sense. Why don't we all take the oil out of our car engines and let friction just wear in the parts until they are smooth.....LOL

People spend big bucks on precision machined engine parts, down to the micrometer in accuracy. Makes sense to do it for airguns.

So when I see threads that try to tell new airgunners who are asking about tunes to not "waste their money", I usually come into the fray with my experience and opinion. You are always referred to, since I consider you the best.

People deserve to shoot a gun at it's optimum. Most people can't afford a Lamborghini, but most can save the few bucks it takes to get the best springer. Can't put a price on the grins it gives me....

BTW, how do your brakes fit? Are there set or grub screws? Or is it a press fit with adhesive? Not the ones you install, but the ones on the site for sale.

TimN

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Re: You are more than welcome

October 17 2007, 9:41 AM 

The brakes use grub screws. I usually use green loctite when putting them on though. They have the same finish that is on your R7 shroud.

Many Thanks,

Paul

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

R9