SpringGunning

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Shop Upgrade

March 19 2008 at 8:01 PM

Paul Watts  (Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Anyone that has ever called here and didn't get through will be happy to know I installed a shop ringer for the phone. It's loud enough to hear when the lathe or mill is running. It has two large mechanical bells on it that sound like a fire drill when it goes off

Should be easier to get me now

Paul Watts

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Frank Barreca
(Login airTOMYgun1)

That should speed ....

March 23 2008, 6:17 AM 

you up some. Youll be turning on the mill....RING....turning off the mill.....LOL

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
(Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Re: That should speed ....

March 23 2008, 4:22 PM 

The way it is now I loose business from not getting to the phone. 90% of the people that I call back never pick up or you can't make out the number left on the machine. A good number of them block their ID or call from a work number so that doesn't work either. I pretty much have to stay near the phone during the day to get calls and don't get much done. I'm hoping I'll be able to do both now. That's the plan anyway

Paul

Respond to this message   

Mike in NC
(Login BuyMyJunk)

People that really want to do business don't worry about when or how you answer the phone.

March 23 2008, 6:29 PM 

I got through to you after a few tries and now you have my 350 Magnum. I can't wait to get it back. It will be my first tuned springer. I love the photos of that HW on the site now.

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Re: People that really want to do business don't worry about when or how you answer the phone.

March 24 2008, 10:52 PM 

Thanks! I appreciate it. Sooner or later most people get two or three spring guns tuned and they are content. So I need to keep new blood coming in. A lot of new guys who've never had a tuned gun are easily put off if they feel even slightly put off. I understand that. I try and be as accommodating as I can be so not to hurt future business. There's not a lot of customer base out there for the kind of work I do. I have to diversify my offerings and make things as smooth as possible if I want to stay in this full time

Paul

Respond to this message   
TC
(Login tlando)
SpringGunning Customers

If I'd known you were hurting for business...

April 2 2008, 5:54 PM 

I'd have sent more guns to you... I've got another 2 R1s that need work, plus an FWB300RT, FWB300, and an FWB124 that I want to send ASAP. That's in addition to the two FWB300s and the 150 you have of mine right now! And I just bought an R7 that looks like it's been touched by you on the classifieds. Any time you need extra work, call me. You've got my number!

Todd L. in CA

Respond to this message   

benbeaux
(Login benbeaux)
SpringGunning Customers

easy now...

April 3 2008, 3:32 PM 

I've got an R11 that needs some love. I'm even gonna hand carry it to Little Rock.

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Re: easy now...

April 6 2008, 8:47 PM 

When is LR anyway. I had a table at every show for the first seven years and they still don't send me anything.

Paul

Respond to this message   

benbeaux
(Login benbeaux)
SpringGunning Customers

here's a link

April 9 2008, 3:55 PM 

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Thanks N/T

April 9 2008, 3:56 PM 

N/T

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Re: If I'd known you were hurting for business...

April 6 2008, 8:46 PM 

Thanks, I appreciate it! Be sure and ask when something was done when buying guns I've tuned. Most of the stuff that comes available is stuff I've done in the last four or five years, since I started doing it full time. Every now and then I get someone at a gun show or on the phone call and ask about a gun I've done and it was something from the nineties and just plain wore out.

I've got a healthy work load of tune work right now, but if I don't have new customers coming in it could go away fast. Last year I had two months that were really bad. No longer building customer spec rifles has helped me get a lot more done in the last two months. Most of the guns sent in for that kind of work had lots wrong with them and most people came in asking for lot's of stuff I don't offer and wanting it fast. Building my own guns and offering them when listed only keeps all the hard feelings away as well.

Paul

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

R9