SpringGunning

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Beeman Eco Pellets

April 1 2014 at 5:08 PM
Chris Kuseliauskas  (Login ChrisKus)
SpringGunning Customers

Paul, what are your thoughts regarding non-lead pellets like the Beeman Eco's? I have had great luck accuracy wise with my springers (of course the ones you did work on are the cat's meow, the trigger you did on my HW98 .22 is awesome). I am concerned more about the .177 Eco FTS' as they are less than 6 g. The .22's are over 12 g so I would assume they are ok. I shoot indoors almost daily into a trap made with duct putty and outdoors almost as often. I would love a lead free environment, but not at the expense of damage to my rifles.

Thanks!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paul Watts
(Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Re: Beeman Eco Pellets

April 1 2014, 6:07 PM 

I've yet to try them. Do you know the weight of them? That would be my only concern. If they are too light they may dry fire.

Paul

Respond to this message   
Chris Kuseliauskas
(Login ChrisKus)
SpringGunning Customers

Beeman Eco Pellets

April 1 2014, 6:55 PM 

The .177 Eco FTS' are 5.56 Gr and the .177 Kodiak Eco are over 6 Gr. The .22 Eco FTS's are 9.57 Gr. They fit nice and snug in the breech and are just as accurate as JSB Exact or lead FTS'. Kind of expensive compared to lead. I was hitting a 1 in. dot at 35 yards today outside, with a slight breeze. Shooting with my R10, .177. Same accuracy with my HW98 in .22.

Respond to this message   
Andre Grobler
(Login shakes_still)

Re: Beeman Eco Pellets

May 9 2014, 7:52 AM 

In my .177 97kt the kodiak eco's (barracuda Lead free) were quite accurate, and there was no feeling of dry fire - or forward recoil. No signs of piston seal getting slammed once opened up either.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

R9