SpringGunning

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Thank you Paul!

May 4 2014 at 11:06 AM
John Chippis  (Login kingfisher1961)

Paul, I wanted to thank you again for having the sale yesterday. Many happy folks out there today including myself. What you did was a great thing for all involved! I hope you're feeling rested today as I know yesterday was a trying day for you. God bless you!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paul Watts
(Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Re: Thank you Paul!

May 4 2014, 3:54 PM 

Thanks!

The guy that told everyone I was scamming people called and apologized late last evening after leaving his post up all day sad.gif A lot of people lost out on rifles at less than half their value because they bailed because of his posting. On one item I had to go down the list next in line five people because they got cold feet. I believe you were third in line on yours. That said, one guy called and bought four rifles that weren't listed based on my description alone. It was nice to have my word trusted after everything else that happened yesterday happy.gif There was one guy that asked me to send a close up of the side of a breech to make sure I wasn't lying about the caliber. It would have been real easy for anyone to verify who I was by just picking up the phone. In the end Mike not only messed up my attempt at selling stuff for a friends widow without much trouble, but he cheated about 23 people out of deals they most likely will never see again sad.gif

Oh Well,

Paul

Respond to this message   
Heywood
(Login HW3)

Yes...I'd noticed you had an admirer...=^(

May 4 2014, 4:36 PM 

I considered a rebuttal, but it's been my experience to simply not acknowledge the flakes for fear of giving them some kind of forum to legitimize their grousing.

This is your board so I wont call him a JACKASS publicly ......Whups 0=^) sorry about that...I'll delete that......tomorrow ! ;^)

Respond to this message   
Heywood
(Login HW3)

I more than understand the need to monitor the classifieds, but...

May 5 2014, 6:45 AM 

He should have confirmed all parties "LONG BEFORE" making any such claim publicly. Police if you must, but do so in a responsible manner. All parties lose at the expense of the Community, a Good Man's Family & Estate and yes, it's tedious and disappointing for You in the extreme. All for the lack of one phone call or an email.

Feel free to delete my prior post. ;^)

As far as the reasoning of not posting it on the yellow 1st ??? I sure as hell wouldn't Brad's AA Classifieds was the 1st. and Best Classifieds so why start now ?

Respond to this message   
klentz
(Login klentz)
SpringGunning Customers

Sorry to miss the guns you listed on Brads but happy to hear

May 6 2014, 7:59 PM 

I missed the drama.

Happy Birthday young man. Wishing you many more.

ps-like your picture of your underground gun vault!

Respond to this message   
klentz
(Login klentz)
SpringGunning Customers

Looks like I fell for JM's trick. It apparently wasn't your birthday.

May 7 2014, 7:13 AM 

Because of the similar sense of humor and gifted ability in working with wood and metal I'm beginning to think that Paul and JM are twin sons from different mothers LOL!

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Re: Looks like I fell for JM's trick. It apparently wasn't your birthday.

May 9 2014, 7:21 PM 

My fault. I put up the bogus date when I joined. I think the year was way off as well wink.gif

Paul

Respond to this message   
Jack Sowell
(Login regsmeeton)
SpringGunning Customers

Sorry I missed all the commotion

May 9 2014, 7:54 AM 

Saturday was my sister's birthday, so was offline the majority of the day. I hada little more money, and there were a number if things I woukd have bought when there had I btought more money. Oh well, it's only fair to lat someone else have a go. I didn't see dremel stuff when I was there and forgot to ask about it too.
Have been shooting the Pro Sport a bit. Sure is mch nicer and easier to load than the .177 I had some time ago. The HW30 is a lot of fun. Haven't done much iron sight shooting recently, and forgot how nice a package an aperture sight makes.
Not clear on the birthday thing. My birthday was Tuesday. Was yours then, or was it rtruly some sort of prank?
All the best to you and yours,
Jack
Why can't I be different and unusual.....like everybody else?

Respond to this message   

Paul Watts
Owner

Re: Sorry I missed all the commotion

May 9 2014, 7:26 PM 

One of Ulysses family members saw the Dremel stuff and decided he needed it. Otherwise I would have had the stuff there. The prices were pretty good last Saturday but nowhere as good as when you were there at the sale. The anniversary of my birth is next month. It was just me being stupid wink.gif

Paul

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

R9