SpringGunning

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Some Trivia, My R9 Clone Chrony Numbers - Your Thoughts / Comments?

December 23 2014 at 12:56 PM
A Campbell  (Login gapi)

I mentioned I have a Chinese R9 Clone. It was only $270.00 fully tuned, as in whatever his full tune consists of.

Its an OK unit for what it is. Its holding me over until.........

I was kind of shocked today to see Polymags giving me ragged holes @ 17 yards and the others spreading out.
And the POI of the Polymags was 1.5" low and 1" to the right with the other two being similar to each other.

Making sure all the skirts looked OK and not firing any of the tight fitting Crossmans through the Chrony I got the below numbers.
As I have read here, Speed Isn't Everything eh?

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Paul Watts
(Premier Login SpringGunner)
Owner

Re: Some Trivia, My R9 Clone Chrony Numbers - Your Thoughts / Comments?

December 26 2014, 5:59 PM 

Those are respectable numbers and about what you see with a R9/HW95 in the same caliber.

I've always though it funny when someone refers to a specific airgun caliber as loopy. All airguns are loopy compared to even a 22 rimfire. 22 Rimfire is "loopy" compared to most centerfires and most centerfires are "loopy" when compared to 22/250 or the 220 Swift. If you keep following that reasoning to it's natural end all airguns are worthless because they are all loopy. It's a mental trap for people with a self imposed standard for what is and isn't good enough. To each their own though. It's all about everyone finding their comfort zone. I've just settled more on the being satisfied end of things rather than the little bit more crowd wink.gif

Paul

Respond to this message   
A Campbell
(Login gapi)

Re: Some Trivia, My R9 Clone Chrony Numbers - Your Thoughts / Comments?

December 26 2014, 6:05 PM 

Thanks, I understand that.

When I swapped back to .177 just to balance out my ammo supply I unexpectedly found I was a much happier camper. Didn't expect it really.

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

R9